Hornchurch and Aveley both knocked out of Ryman League Cup
Urchins slip to surprise loss at Cheshunt, while Millers lose on penalties
Both AFC Hornchurch and Aveley were dumped out of the Ryman League Cup last night.
Jimmy McFarlane’s side slipped to a 3-1 defeat at Division One North side Cheshunt, while the Millers were knocked out on penalties by Canvey Island.
Josh Hitchinson gave the Ambers and early lead before Tambeson Eyong equalised for the Urchins.
But the hosts went in front again on the 36-minute mark through Kevin Ashwood before Dave Collis was given a straight red card for a late tackle just after the break.
You may also want to watch:
Jordan Williams made sure of the result for Cheshunt late on.
Meanwhile, the Millers conceded on the stroke of half time against Canvey Island through Jason Hallett.
- 1 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 4 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 5 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 Captain Sam Roberts bids farewell and thanks Romford Junior Raiders
- 8 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 9 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
But Tony Russell’s stoppage time goal ensured the tie would be decided from the spot and the Gulls edged it 4-2.