Hornchurch and Aveley both knocked out of Ryman League Cup
Urchins slip to surprise loss at Cheshunt, while Millers lose on penalties
Both AFC Hornchurch and Aveley were dumped out of the Ryman League Cup last night.
Jimmy McFarlane’s side slipped to a 3-1 defeat at Division One North side Cheshunt, while the Millers were knocked out on penalties by Canvey Island.
Josh Hitchinson gave the Ambers and early lead before Tambeson Eyong equalised for the Urchins.
But the hosts went in front again on the 36-minute mark through Kevin Ashwood before Dave Collis was given a straight red card for a late tackle just after the break.
You may also want to watch:
Jordan Williams made sure of the result for Cheshunt late on.
Meanwhile, the Millers conceded on the stroke of half time against Canvey Island through Jason Hallett.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 3 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 4 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 5 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 6 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 7 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 8 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
But Tony Russell’s stoppage time goal ensured the tie would be decided from the spot and the Gulls edged it 4-2.