High rate of satisfaction for GP surgeries in Havering
- Credit: PA WIRE
The majority of people in Havering say they would recommend their doctors’ surgeries to someone who had just moved to the area.
A patient satisfaction survey, carried out by NHS England, has questioned people on the quality of care they received when visiting the doctors.
More than three quarters of people who filled out the questionnaire said their overall experience at the doctors’ was “very good” or “good.”
The survey asked 5,173 residents between July and September 2015 and January to March 2016.
Just over a quarter of residents said they find it difficult to speak to someone at their GP practice on the telephone.
You may also want to watch:
More than two-thirds of people were able to secure an appointment when they got in touch, and the majority normally used the phone to do so.
Three residents in the borough said they regularly used a fax machine.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 3 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 4 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 5 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 6 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 7 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 8 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 9 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 10 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
Of those able to get an appointment, 10 per cent had to wait until the next day to see or speak to a GP or nurse and 61 per cent had to wait more than 24 hours.
Once they had an appointment, 80pc said their overall experience was “very good” or “good”.
The majority of residents said they would like to see their surgery open on Saturdays and after 6.30pm on weekdays.
What’s your experience? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.