Here comes the bride...again, for blessing at Noak Hill church
�Lovebirds who got married at a Noak Hill church were invited back to a special anniversary blessing.
Around 15 couples turned up at St Thomas’ Church, in Church Road, for the ceremony held by the Rev Russell Moul, on Sunday July 8.
The couples and their families journeyed from far and near to share their wedding day experiences, including the Lovelocks from Suffolk.
The service included Bible readings, hymns and a blessing.
You may also want to watch:
A member of the congregation Brenda Halsey described the event as “a very meaningful service in a beautiful church.”
After the service, the couples shared wedding photographs and exchanged stories and memories over tea and cake.
- 1 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 East London police officer charged with rape
- 6 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 7 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 8 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 9 Post delays reported in Harold Hill as Royal Mail confirms staff shortages
- 10 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
They also looked through the wedding registers that dated back to 1898.
The service was an idea that coincided with the annual Flower Festival that St Thomas’ celebrate A spokesman for the church said: “It came about because the church wanted to do something extra special for both the 170th anniversary of the church, which was built in 1842, and the Jubilee year.”