Help cancer-stricken Alex, 7, in charity dance night
A DANCE teacher is holding special lessons to raise money to help a young Havering boy battling an aggressive brain cancer.
Seven-year-old Alex Field, of Collier Row, has been struck down by a malignant tumour and his only hope of survival is expensive treatment in the US, not yet available in the UK.
Maria Field, who teaches a unique form of dance aerobics called Zumba, is offering taster classes for �5 and is holding a raffle in St Edward’s School, in London Road, Romford, this evening (December 14).
All the cash raised will go into Alex’s fighting fund, estimated to cost around �300,000.
Maria, who is no relation to the Crowlands Primary School pupil, was spurred into action after hearing about his plight from a friend.
You may also want to watch:
“One of my mate’s children goes to the same school as Alex and I was so moved when I heard about him,” the 37-year-old mum-of-one said.
“I felt I had to do something. I’ve been telling everyone who will listen to come to this charity event.”
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 3 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 4 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 5 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 6 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 7 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 8 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 9 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 10 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
She added: “People will learn to move in a way they have never done before and every single penny will go to helping Alex get treatment in America.”
The dance class starts at 7.30pm.
Safield Distributions, owned by Maria’s brother Sam Field, will be supplying all the prizes for the raffle, including massage equipment and quirky gadgets.
To help Alex visit website: www.alexfieldfund.org or telephone Alex’s stepdad David Gilmore on: 07795 067113.