Help cancer-stricken Alex, 7, in charity dance night
A DANCE teacher is holding special lessons to raise money to help a young Havering boy battling an aggressive brain cancer.
Seven-year-old Alex Field, of Collier Row, has been struck down by a malignant tumour and his only hope of survival is expensive treatment in the US, not yet available in the UK.
Maria Field, who teaches a unique form of dance aerobics called Zumba, is offering taster classes for �5 and is holding a raffle in St Edward’s School, in London Road, Romford, this evening (December 14).
All the cash raised will go into Alex’s fighting fund, estimated to cost around �300,000.
Maria, who is no relation to the Crowlands Primary School pupil, was spurred into action after hearing about his plight from a friend.
You may also want to watch:
“One of my mate’s children goes to the same school as Alex and I was so moved when I heard about him,” the 37-year-old mum-of-one said.
“I felt I had to do something. I’ve been telling everyone who will listen to come to this charity event.”
- 1 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 2 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 3 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 4 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 5 'My life lit up': Councillor's joy at reuniting with daughter after more than 30 years
- 6 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 7 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 8 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 9 Council campaign calls on residents to take up Covid vaccine
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
She added: “People will learn to move in a way they have never done before and every single penny will go to helping Alex get treatment in America.”
The dance class starts at 7.30pm.
Safield Distributions, owned by Maria’s brother Sam Field, will be supplying all the prizes for the raffle, including massage equipment and quirky gadgets.
To help Alex visit website: www.alexfieldfund.org or telephone Alex’s stepdad David Gilmore on: 07795 067113.