Update: Water restored nine hours after Chadwell Heath homeowners discover outage
- Credit: EMPICS Entertainment
Nine hours after home owners in Chadwell Heath discovered they were without water on the hottest day of the year the taps have begun flowing again.
The outage affected 180 homes around Grove Road, including Birch Court, Bengeo Gardens, Westfield Gardens, Sherman Gardens and Madeleine Close.
Chamonix Estates Limited manages the Grove Road One estate and are responsible for services.
A spokesman said the outage was caused by a mechanical fault with a pump and was restored at 4.15 this afternoon.
April Mehmet, 39, of Madeleine Close, woke up this morning to find her taps were not working.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It’s stressful. It’s the hottest day of the year we cannot do anything without water.
“My daughter had to go to school this morning without brushing her teeth, lots of people in this block have babies and young children.”
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 4 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 5 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 6 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 7 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 8 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 9 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 10 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
Temperatures in Chadwell Heath were predicted to have reached a sweltering 30C today.
A spokesman for Chamonix Estates said: “We were advised of the water outage at the development this morning and have been continually working throughout the day to identify and resolve the problem.
“Our employees have been distributing bottled water to vulnerable residents who have been made known to us.”