Update: Water restored nine hours after Chadwell Heath homeowners discover outage
- Credit: EMPICS Entertainment
Nine hours after home owners in Chadwell Heath discovered they were without water on the hottest day of the year the taps have begun flowing again.
The outage affected 180 homes around Grove Road, including Birch Court, Bengeo Gardens, Westfield Gardens, Sherman Gardens and Madeleine Close.
Chamonix Estates Limited manages the Grove Road One estate and are responsible for services.
A spokesman said the outage was caused by a mechanical fault with a pump and was restored at 4.15 this afternoon.
April Mehmet, 39, of Madeleine Close, woke up this morning to find her taps were not working.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It’s stressful. It’s the hottest day of the year we cannot do anything without water.
“My daughter had to go to school this morning without brushing her teeth, lots of people in this block have babies and young children.”
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 5 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 6 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 9 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
Temperatures in Chadwell Heath were predicted to have reached a sweltering 30C today.
A spokesman for Chamonix Estates said: “We were advised of the water outage at the development this morning and have been continually working throughout the day to identify and resolve the problem.
“Our employees have been distributing bottled water to vulnerable residents who have been made known to us.”