Update: Water restored nine hours after Chadwell Heath homeowners discover outage
- Credit: EMPICS Entertainment
Nine hours after home owners in Chadwell Heath discovered they were without water on the hottest day of the year the taps have begun flowing again.
The outage affected 180 homes around Grove Road, including Birch Court, Bengeo Gardens, Westfield Gardens, Sherman Gardens and Madeleine Close.
Chamonix Estates Limited manages the Grove Road One estate and are responsible for services.
A spokesman said the outage was caused by a mechanical fault with a pump and was restored at 4.15 this afternoon.
April Mehmet, 39, of Madeleine Close, woke up this morning to find her taps were not working.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It’s stressful. It’s the hottest day of the year we cannot do anything without water.
“My daughter had to go to school this morning without brushing her teeth, lots of people in this block have babies and young children.”
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 3 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 4 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 7 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 8 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 9 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 10 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
Temperatures in Chadwell Heath were predicted to have reached a sweltering 30C today.
A spokesman for Chamonix Estates said: “We were advised of the water outage at the development this morning and have been continually working throughout the day to identify and resolve the problem.
“Our employees have been distributing bottled water to vulnerable residents who have been made known to us.”