Two coronavirus cases confirmed in Havering
- Credit: PA
Two people in Havering have tested positive for Covid-19.
On Monday, March 9 the government released the latest regional update of confirmed cases of the coronavirus in England's local authorities.
As of 9am today 319 people in the country have tested positive for the virus.
As well as the two in Havering, there is one case in Redbridge and one in Tower Hamlets.
There are five coronavirus cases in Essex.
A fourth person has died after testing positive for coronavirus in England. The patient was being treated in Wolverhampton and had underlying health conditions.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson held a Cobra committee meeting today (Monday, March 9).
- 1 Hornchurch ranked top place in UK for takeaway fish and chips, study finds
- 2 Several hectares of Rainham grassland destroyed in fire
- 3 Man threatened and robbed of iPhone and bank card at Romford station
- 4 Road closures in place after Romford flat fire
- 5 Man charged with attempted murder after 23-year-old stabbed in Hornchurch
- 6 Appeal to find missing girl, 16, with links to Romford
- 7 Launch events held for businesses targeted at the ‘more mature raver’
- 8 Romford World Naked Bike Ride: How protest sits at the heart of the nude cycle
- 9 London among areas where drought is declared
- 10 'What about vulnerable people?’: Couple protest parking ticket from Gallows Corner Tesco after alleged ‘double dipping’ issue
The meeting decided that the UK should remain in the containment phase of the outbreak.
Public Health England's advice is to wash your hands more often than usual and for 20 seconds using soap and hot water.
People are also advised to cover their mouths and nose with a tissue when coughing and sneezing, and to clean and disinfect regularly touched objects and surfaces to reduce the risk of passing the infection on to other people.