Coronavirus: ‘It was shocking to see’ - Long queues at Romford superstore
- Credit: Sheela Karu
There were long queues at the Tesco superstore in Gallows Corner, Romford this morning as shoppers look to get supplies during the coronavirus crisis.
Emerson Park mum Sheela Karu went to the store at 6am and shot video footage of waiting customers both inside and outside the shop.
She said that the store is limiting the amount of people that can enter due to the numbers trying to get through the checkout.
“It was shocking to see so many people up so early. However I understand that everyone is worried. Nobody was bulk buying and everyone was in good spirits.”
Sheela has two infant children and said she had to be prepared and was able to get the items she went in for.
You may also want to watch:
The scenes at the Romford store come after the Government announced yesterday that schools would close at the end of this week.
Supermarkets have imposed limits on some products in an attempt to prevent people stockpiling.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 3 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 4 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 5 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 6 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 8 Dagenham seal comfortable win over Hornchurch in pre-season
- 9 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 10 Heritage: Romford's key role in the English Civil War