Coronavirus: ‘It was shocking to see’ - Long queues at Romford superstore
- Credit: Sheela Karu
There were long queues at the Tesco superstore in Gallows Corner, Romford this morning as shoppers look to get supplies during the coronavirus crisis.
Emerson Park mum Sheela Karu went to the store at 6am and shot video footage of waiting customers both inside and outside the shop.
She said that the store is limiting the amount of people that can enter due to the numbers trying to get through the checkout.
“It was shocking to see so many people up so early. However I understand that everyone is worried. Nobody was bulk buying and everyone was in good spirits.”
Sheela has two infant children and said she had to be prepared and was able to get the items she went in for.
You may also want to watch:
The scenes at the Romford store come after the Government announced yesterday that schools would close at the end of this week.
Supermarkets have imposed limits on some products in an attempt to prevent people stockpiling.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 8 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 9 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 10 Harold Wood primary school collaborates with West Ham on wellbeing garden project