Coronavirus: ‘It was shocking to see’ - Long queues at Romford superstore
- Credit: Sheela Karu
There were long queues at the Tesco superstore in Gallows Corner, Romford this morning as shoppers look to get supplies during the coronavirus crisis.
Emerson Park mum Sheela Karu went to the store at 6am and shot video footage of waiting customers both inside and outside the shop.
She said that the store is limiting the amount of people that can enter due to the numbers trying to get through the checkout.
“It was shocking to see so many people up so early. However I understand that everyone is worried. Nobody was bulk buying and everyone was in good spirits.”
Sheela has two infant children and said she had to be prepared and was able to get the items she went in for.
You may also want to watch:
The scenes at the Romford store come after the Government announced yesterday that schools would close at the end of this week.
Supermarkets have imposed limits on some products in an attempt to prevent people stockpiling.
- 1 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 2 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 5 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 6 Havering and Barking and Dagenham parents 'outraged' at poor quality free school meal replacements
- 7 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 8 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 9 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 10 Pressure on to preserve Upminster trees as council receives almost 200 messages