Coronavirus: ‘It was shocking to see’ - Long queues at Romford superstore
- Credit: Sheela Karu
There were long queues at the Tesco superstore in Gallows Corner, Romford this morning as shoppers look to get supplies during the coronavirus crisis.
Emerson Park mum Sheela Karu went to the store at 6am and shot video footage of waiting customers both inside and outside the shop.
She said that the store is limiting the amount of people that can enter due to the numbers trying to get through the checkout.
“It was shocking to see so many people up so early. However I understand that everyone is worried. Nobody was bulk buying and everyone was in good spirits.”
Sheela has two infant children and said she had to be prepared and was able to get the items she went in for.
You may also want to watch:
The scenes at the Romford store come after the Government announced yesterday that schools would close at the end of this week.
Supermarkets have imposed limits on some products in an attempt to prevent people stockpiling.
- 1 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 2 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 3 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 4 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 5 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 6 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 7 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 8 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week