St John Ambulance opens pop-up shop in Romford Shopping Hall to share life-saving skills
- Credit: Ellie Hoskins
Residents are encouraged to visit a pop-up shop in Romford and learn life-saving skills from the borough’s first aid volunteers.
The Mayor of Havering, councillor Michael Deon Burton officially opened St John Ambulance's pop-up shop on Saturday, August 17.
Visitors to Romford Shopping Hall's charity space will be able to find out more about the various volunteering opportunities available, as well as make a donation to the volunteers' life saving work.
They can also learn skills such as CPR, how to use a defibrillator, how to treat choking, asthma attacks, and bleeding.
Jane Barber, unit manager at Romford's St John Ambulance, said: "First aid is a really simple skill that can be really effective in the instant something happens. "It helps to buy people time before the paramedics arrive.
You may also want to watch:
"Anyone can learn. From six to 106, we're happy to work with anyone."
St John Ambulance will be in the pop-up shop on the first floor of the Romford Shopping Hall until Thursday, August 22.
Visit the Facebook page for a full list of the activities.
- 1 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 4 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 5 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 8 Captain Sam Roberts bids farewell and thanks Romford Junior Raiders
- 9 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 10 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100