St John Ambulance opens pop-up shop in Romford Shopping Hall to share life-saving skills
- Credit: Ellie Hoskins
Residents are encouraged to visit a pop-up shop in Romford and learn life-saving skills from the borough’s first aid volunteers.
The Mayor of Havering, councillor Michael Deon Burton officially opened St John Ambulance's pop-up shop on Saturday, August 17.
Visitors to Romford Shopping Hall's charity space will be able to find out more about the various volunteering opportunities available, as well as make a donation to the volunteers' life saving work.
They can also learn skills such as CPR, how to use a defibrillator, how to treat choking, asthma attacks, and bleeding.
Jane Barber, unit manager at Romford's St John Ambulance, said: "First aid is a really simple skill that can be really effective in the instant something happens. "It helps to buy people time before the paramedics arrive.
You may also want to watch:
"Anyone can learn. From six to 106, we're happy to work with anyone."
St John Ambulance will be in the pop-up shop on the first floor of the Romford Shopping Hall until Thursday, August 22.
Visit the Facebook page for a full list of the activities.
- 1 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 2 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 3 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 4 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 5 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 6 Sewage floods home of family with one-day-old newborn after heavy rain
- 7 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 10 Drains in area repeatedly flooded to be next inspected during bad weather