Private hospital recognised for pandemic support to NHS
- Credit: Google Maps
The group which runs the Spire Hartswood Hospital has won a leading healthcare industry award.
Spire Healthcare - which manages the Eagle Way, Warley hospital as part of a cohort of 39 private hospitals and eight clinics - was named the best healthcare provider partnership with the NHS at this year’s Health Service Journal Partnership Awards.
The awards aim to showcase the most effective partnerships with the NHS, with Spire Healthcare recognised for how it has supported the public health provider during the Covid-19 pandemic.
In the year following March 2020, the group cared for more than 260,000 NHS patients who would otherwise have seen their treatment or diagnosis delayed or cancelled.
Spire Hartswood Hospital cared for more than 9,000 of those patients.
The hospital director for Spire Hartswood is "delighted" by the accolade.
Speaking after the awards ceremony, Jo Dean said: "It means a great deal to all our colleagues to be recognised in this way for the care we provided to our patients during the pandemic.
- 1 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged or rejected in Havering
- 2 Fire crews free trapped driver after Hornchurch car crash
- 3 Woman 'slapped across face' in Brentwood restaurant
- 4 Romford accountant pleads guilty to 'calculated' £160k tax fraud
- 5 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel
- 6 Plans submitted for 35,000sqm of commercial floorspace in first phase of Rainham industrial estate redevelopment
- 7 Man dumps knife amid Hornchurch police chase
- 8 Company dismisses 'unscrupulous individuals' reportedly caught flytipping in Rainham
- 9 Confirmed: Rush Green Post Office set to move
- 10 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
"This award will provide a tremendous boost to the entire team at Spire and I am sure it will bolster our efforts to develop and continually improve our services.”