Rush Green care home residents receive coronavirus vaccination
- Credit: Ebury Court Care Home
Residents at a Rush Green care home are among the first to receive a Covid-19 vaccination in Havering.
People living at Ebury Court Care Home, in Rush Green Road, were given their first dose of the Pfizer vaccine on December 30.
The vaccine needs to be administered in two doses, with the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation advising that people receive the second dose between three and 12 weeks after the first.
Care home director Richard Key praised staff for ensuring that documentation was ready when the vaccine became available.
He said: "Delivering the first dose of the vaccine is a huge step nearer to giving the residents immunity to this horrendous virus.
You may also want to watch:
"All of us at Ebury Court have put in huge amounts of effort and thought into keeping the residents safe throughout this pandemic and we will continue to do so."
- 1 Man in hospital after falling 'from height' in Romford
- 2 Brentwood church rave: More than 130 images released in appeal
- 3 Romford cinemas announce reopening plans after lockdown
- 4 Woman dies after 'falling from height' by Liberty Shopping Centre
- 5 Former Lakeside Hammers co-promoter Jon Cook passes away
- 6 New Romford author speaks out about feeling 'invisible' as a black father
- 7 Horses die after Upminster stables blaze
- 8 Rainham primary school creates Sir Captain Tom display
- 9 What is changing as lockdown eases on May 17?
- 10 Hornchurch tie down manager Stimson with new two-year contract