Romford’s Hazell Mann - GI Jane meets Miss World
�A Romford “peanut butter addict” is hoping to spread the word about a new beauty and fitness competition that’s been dubbed GI Jane meets Miss World.
Hazell Mann has been pumping iron and following a super-strict diet in the hope of achieving a top three place in the Beach Body category of the finals of Miss Galaxy Universe on October 20.
The contest, which also has a Yummy Mummy class, combines fitness tests with more typical beauty pageant rounds in which women pose in bikinis and evening wear.
Hazell, a personal trainer, said she has had to give up some of her favourite treats to get the perfect toned look for the finals in Hertfordshire.
She said: “I love to help people feel and look good. I knew I wanted to take my fitness to the next level for myself to get in the best shape I could before having children.
You may also want to watch:
”Some days fly by and the diet is easy peasy, then comes a day where I want something sweet. I am a self-confessed peanut butter addict and I love my cakes and biscuits but I have put that all on hold.”
Hazell added: “The show is the first of its kind [in the UK] to showcase female athletic ability alongside grace and physique.”
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 7 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 8 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 9 'I've never felt so excited' - Theatre company saved from collapse
- 10 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people