Romford’s Hazell Mann - GI Jane meets Miss World
�A Romford “peanut butter addict” is hoping to spread the word about a new beauty and fitness competition that’s been dubbed GI Jane meets Miss World.
Hazell Mann has been pumping iron and following a super-strict diet in the hope of achieving a top three place in the Beach Body category of the finals of Miss Galaxy Universe on October 20.
The contest, which also has a Yummy Mummy class, combines fitness tests with more typical beauty pageant rounds in which women pose in bikinis and evening wear.
Hazell, a personal trainer, said she has had to give up some of her favourite treats to get the perfect toned look for the finals in Hertfordshire.
She said: “I love to help people feel and look good. I knew I wanted to take my fitness to the next level for myself to get in the best shape I could before having children.
”Some days fly by and the diet is easy peasy, then comes a day where I want something sweet. I am a self-confessed peanut butter addict and I love my cakes and biscuits but I have put that all on hold.”
Hazell added: “The show is the first of its kind [in the UK] to showcase female athletic ability alongside grace and physique.”
- 1 'Stop being so disgusting': Hornchurch mother's outrage at delivery drivers urinating on her house
- 2 Upminster bridal boutique gives back to frontline workers with £50 wedding dresses
- 3 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 4 Knife seized in Hornchurch as part of neighbourhood patrol
- 5 Man found not guilty of attempted murder in Brentwood
- 6 Aldi given nod to open at former Mothercare branch in Romford
- 7 NHS staff protest mandatory vaccinations outside Queen's Hospital
- 8 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 9 Romford's South Street reacts to BBC licence fee announcement
- 10 Man and woman arrested following Hornchurch stabbing