Romford’s Hazell Mann - GI Jane meets Miss World
�A Romford “peanut butter addict” is hoping to spread the word about a new beauty and fitness competition that’s been dubbed GI Jane meets Miss World.
Hazell Mann has been pumping iron and following a super-strict diet in the hope of achieving a top three place in the Beach Body category of the finals of Miss Galaxy Universe on October 20.
The contest, which also has a Yummy Mummy class, combines fitness tests with more typical beauty pageant rounds in which women pose in bikinis and evening wear.
Hazell, a personal trainer, said she has had to give up some of her favourite treats to get the perfect toned look for the finals in Hertfordshire.
She said: “I love to help people feel and look good. I knew I wanted to take my fitness to the next level for myself to get in the best shape I could before having children.
You may also want to watch:
”Some days fly by and the diet is easy peasy, then comes a day where I want something sweet. I am a self-confessed peanut butter addict and I love my cakes and biscuits but I have put that all on hold.”
Hazell added: “The show is the first of its kind [in the UK] to showcase female athletic ability alongside grace and physique.”
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 3 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 4 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 5 Havering road and rail delays to look out for next week
- 6 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 7 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 8 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 9 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 10 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months