Romford’s Hazell Mann - GI Jane meets Miss World
�A Romford “peanut butter addict” is hoping to spread the word about a new beauty and fitness competition that’s been dubbed GI Jane meets Miss World.
Hazell Mann has been pumping iron and following a super-strict diet in the hope of achieving a top three place in the Beach Body category of the finals of Miss Galaxy Universe on October 20.
The contest, which also has a Yummy Mummy class, combines fitness tests with more typical beauty pageant rounds in which women pose in bikinis and evening wear.
Hazell, a personal trainer, said she has had to give up some of her favourite treats to get the perfect toned look for the finals in Hertfordshire.
She said: “I love to help people feel and look good. I knew I wanted to take my fitness to the next level for myself to get in the best shape I could before having children.
You may also want to watch:
”Some days fly by and the diet is easy peasy, then comes a day where I want something sweet. I am a self-confessed peanut butter addict and I love my cakes and biscuits but I have put that all on hold.”
Hazell added: “The show is the first of its kind [in the UK] to showcase female athletic ability alongside grace and physique.”
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 5 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 6 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 7 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 8 Brentwood Tudor church damaged in illegal New Year's Eve party raises nearly £20,000 for repairs
- 9 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster
- 10 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge