Romford Pictures: Motor enthusiasts raise thousands for London Air Ambulance in Harold Wood
- Credit: Archant
Motor enthusiasts raised £3,500 for the London Air Ambulance while admiring everything from exotic, specialist vehicles to family cars.
The third St Peter’s Car Show, organised by St Peter’s Church, Harold Wood, was held in the grounds of Redden Court School on Saturday and attracted well more than 2,000 visitors.
To view the pictures of the event, click here.
Rev Rob Hudson, associate minister of St Peter’s Harold Wood said: “What a fantastic day! An amazing range of cars, lots of stalls and activities and not too much rain. We’re delighted to be able to raise so much of the London Air Ambulance. Many thanks to all who volunteered, exhibited, and contributed to the occasion. We’ll be back.”
There were 250 cars on show ranging from the family cars of the past decades to luxury motors such as Rolls Royces and Bentleys. Even Ford’s main dealer, Trust Ford, attended the show with the latest models from their range.
However, the St. Peter’s Car Show was not just for the “petrol-heads,” it was also a fun family event.
You may also want to watch:
For young visitors there was the Lions Club ride on train, face painting, bouncy castles and candy floss plus a 60 foot inflatable obstacle course and a live music band.
Adults got useful advice from the Ford Vehicle Security Team, the local Traffic Police and Fire Brigade.
- 1 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 6 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 8 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 9 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 10 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall