Romford Pictures: Motor enthusiasts raise thousands for London Air Ambulance in Harold Wood
- Credit: Archant
Motor enthusiasts raised £3,500 for the London Air Ambulance while admiring everything from exotic, specialist vehicles to family cars.
The third St Peter’s Car Show, organised by St Peter’s Church, Harold Wood, was held in the grounds of Redden Court School on Saturday and attracted well more than 2,000 visitors.
To view the pictures of the event, click here.
Rev Rob Hudson, associate minister of St Peter’s Harold Wood said: “What a fantastic day! An amazing range of cars, lots of stalls and activities and not too much rain. We’re delighted to be able to raise so much of the London Air Ambulance. Many thanks to all who volunteered, exhibited, and contributed to the occasion. We’ll be back.”
There were 250 cars on show ranging from the family cars of the past decades to luxury motors such as Rolls Royces and Bentleys. Even Ford’s main dealer, Trust Ford, attended the show with the latest models from their range.
However, the St. Peter’s Car Show was not just for the “petrol-heads,” it was also a fun family event.
For young visitors there was the Lions Club ride on train, face painting, bouncy castles and candy floss plus a 60 foot inflatable obstacle course and a live music band.
Adults got useful advice from the Ford Vehicle Security Team, the local Traffic Police and Fire Brigade.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Here are five top-rated delicious 'cheap eats' in Havering, according to Tripadvisor
- 3 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 4 'Crucial' consultation begins on proposed changes to Lower Thames Crossing project
- 5 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 6 TOWIE stars and West Ham footballer attend Upminster health centre's launch
- 7 'Irreversible stress': Nearly 2,000 oppose move to suspend Cranham and Upminster midwifery service
- 8 Have your say: End of consultation on plans for 860 Romford homes looms
- 9 As many as 15 injured in Gidea Park bus crash
- 10 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham