Coronavirus: Andrew Rosindell MP urges Romford residents stuck abroad to contact him
- Credit: Archant
Andrew Rosindell MP has urged Romford residents stranded abroad to contact him as he bids to help people return to the UK.
Mr Rosindell said he has been “inundated” with calls and email requests for assistance from those stuck in foreign countries.
The Romford MP said he has received reports of constituents stranded in Venezuela, Indonesia and remote parts of Peru.
He has also been contacted about people unable to fly back from countries such as Australia, Cambodia and New Zealand as flights back are too expensive.
“Any constituents who are stranded in foreign countries please be assured I am doing all I can to get you back,” Mr Rosindell said.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m working with The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and those in most danger will be prioritised.
“We need the FCO to ratchet this rescue mission up as fast as possible.”
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 4 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 7 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 8 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 9 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 10 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
He asked anyone who is stranded overseas and who has not yet contacted him to email firstname.lastname@example.org.