Coronavirus: Andrew Rosindell MP urges Romford residents stuck abroad to contact him
- Credit: Archant
Andrew Rosindell MP has urged Romford residents stranded abroad to contact him as he bids to help people return to the UK.
Mr Rosindell said he has been “inundated” with calls and email requests for assistance from those stuck in foreign countries.
The Romford MP said he has received reports of constituents stranded in Venezuela, Indonesia and remote parts of Peru.
He has also been contacted about people unable to fly back from countries such as Australia, Cambodia and New Zealand as flights back are too expensive.
“Any constituents who are stranded in foreign countries please be assured I am doing all I can to get you back,” Mr Rosindell said.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m working with The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and those in most danger will be prioritised.
“We need the FCO to ratchet this rescue mission up as fast as possible.”
- 1 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 2 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 5 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 6 Havering and Barking and Dagenham parents 'outraged' at poor quality free school meal replacements
- 7 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 8 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 9 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 10 Pressure on to preserve Upminster trees as council receives almost 200 messages
He asked anyone who is stranded overseas and who has not yet contacted him to email email@example.com.