Romford man is back to health after new procedure
A Romford man has been cured of years of back pain thanks to innovative non-surgical treatment at an Essex clinic.
Jason Cotter, 42, went to Chigwell Osteopathy and Physiotherapy practice with a history of chronic back pain and sciatica caused by degenerative disc disease.
“My back pain problems began in 2008. At the time I was referred for physiotherapy by my GP. I was given exercises but they didn’t help much; I still had severe shooting pains in my leg. In April this year I felt worse than ever; I was in such a bad way that my wife had to help me up the stairs.”
The clinic is the fir Ist in the county to offer Intervertebral Differential Dynamics (IDD) therapy - a non-surgical treatment which is helping chronic back pain sufferers to avoid invasive procedures such as injections and surgery.
The clinic’s director, Robert Shanks, is a back pain expert with multi-disciplinary clinics in London and Essex.
You may also want to watch:
He decided to treat Jason’s sciatic condition with a specialised programme including IDD Therapy.
IDD therapy is a precise, safe treatment which involves the gentle ‘distraction’ - or drawing apart - of specific spinal segments where discs are damaged.
- 1 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 6 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 8 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 9 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 10 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
The distraction relieves pressure on the disc and pinched nerves while working muscles, helping to get more movement into the spine and ultimately free the patient from pain.
Robert Shanks has been delighted by IDD’s capabilities: “IDD isn’t a cure-all, but the results for many patients can be life-changing.”
After a month of treatment, Jason Cotter was virtually pain-free.
“My sciatica was so intense, I really didn’t think it would ever go but I feel like a different person now: I can walk properly and the pain has disappeared. I’m back at work now and I can’t wait to get back on the golf course!”