Romford man is back to health after new procedure
A Romford man has been cured of years of back pain thanks to innovative non-surgical treatment at an Essex clinic.
Jason Cotter, 42, went to Chigwell Osteopathy and Physiotherapy practice with a history of chronic back pain and sciatica caused by degenerative disc disease.
“My back pain problems began in 2008. At the time I was referred for physiotherapy by my GP. I was given exercises but they didn’t help much; I still had severe shooting pains in my leg. In April this year I felt worse than ever; I was in such a bad way that my wife had to help me up the stairs.”
The clinic is the fir Ist in the county to offer Intervertebral Differential Dynamics (IDD) therapy - a non-surgical treatment which is helping chronic back pain sufferers to avoid invasive procedures such as injections and surgery.
The clinic’s director, Robert Shanks, is a back pain expert with multi-disciplinary clinics in London and Essex.
You may also want to watch:
He decided to treat Jason’s sciatic condition with a specialised programme including IDD Therapy.
IDD therapy is a precise, safe treatment which involves the gentle ‘distraction’ - or drawing apart - of specific spinal segments where discs are damaged.
- 1 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 4 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 5 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 6 Captain Sam Roberts bids farewell and thanks Romford Junior Raiders
- 7 Men fined following New Year's Eve rave in Brentwood
- 8 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 9 'My girls aren't sleeping': Harold Hill family searching for Pog the dog
- 10 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
The distraction relieves pressure on the disc and pinched nerves while working muscles, helping to get more movement into the spine and ultimately free the patient from pain.
Robert Shanks has been delighted by IDD’s capabilities: “IDD isn’t a cure-all, but the results for many patients can be life-changing.”
After a month of treatment, Jason Cotter was virtually pain-free.
“My sciatica was so intense, I really didn’t think it would ever go but I feel like a different person now: I can walk properly and the pain has disappeared. I’m back at work now and I can’t wait to get back on the golf course!”