Romford cheerleaders learn from NFL professionals
- Credit: Archant
Cheerleaders from an American football team have been spelling out the tricks of the trade to lucky youngsters.
Stephanie Hedges, 12, and Kerri Soan, 11, both of the Romford-based Twilights cheerleading club, were two of 30 girls to win a place at the Junior Roar Academy, hosted by The Jacksonville Jaguars NFL team’s cheerleaders.
They had dropped by Straftord’s Westfield as part of the celebrations surrounding the sport’s annual draft.
After giving the girls a few tips, the cheerleaders led a fully-choreographed performance, which Stephanie and Kerri were delighted to be a part of.
“We love everything about cheerleading and it’s great to get the chance to come here,” said Stephanie.
You may also want to watch:
Stephanie’s mother, Sheralyn Hedges, added: “Stephanie tried gymnastics and tried dancing but it was cheerleading that brought the two together and it just clicked.”
The pupils impressed their teachers, with one member of the team saying: “The girls were brilliant today. They were really attentive, keen to get involved and judging from the fact they were all grinning ear-to-ear, they clearly had a great time!”
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 6 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 7 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 8 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 9 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 10 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
Twilights is held at the Havering Gymnastics Centre in Bower Park School, Havering Road. For information on how to get involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org.