Romford cheerleaders learn from NFL professionals
- Credit: Archant
Cheerleaders from an American football team have been spelling out the tricks of the trade to lucky youngsters.
Stephanie Hedges, 12, and Kerri Soan, 11, both of the Romford-based Twilights cheerleading club, were two of 30 girls to win a place at the Junior Roar Academy, hosted by The Jacksonville Jaguars NFL team’s cheerleaders.
They had dropped by Straftord’s Westfield as part of the celebrations surrounding the sport’s annual draft.
After giving the girls a few tips, the cheerleaders led a fully-choreographed performance, which Stephanie and Kerri were delighted to be a part of.
“We love everything about cheerleading and it’s great to get the chance to come here,” said Stephanie.
You may also want to watch:
Stephanie’s mother, Sheralyn Hedges, added: “Stephanie tried gymnastics and tried dancing but it was cheerleading that brought the two together and it just clicked.”
The pupils impressed their teachers, with one member of the team saying: “The girls were brilliant today. They were really attentive, keen to get involved and judging from the fact they were all grinning ear-to-ear, they clearly had a great time!”
- 1 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 2 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 3 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 4 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 5 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 6 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 7 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 8 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 9 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 10 Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
Twilights is held at the Havering Gymnastics Centre in Bower Park School, Havering Road. For information on how to get involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org.