Romford cheerleaders learn from NFL professionals
- Credit: Archant
Cheerleaders from an American football team have been spelling out the tricks of the trade to lucky youngsters.
Stephanie Hedges, 12, and Kerri Soan, 11, both of the Romford-based Twilights cheerleading club, were two of 30 girls to win a place at the Junior Roar Academy, hosted by The Jacksonville Jaguars NFL team’s cheerleaders.
They had dropped by Straftord’s Westfield as part of the celebrations surrounding the sport’s annual draft.
After giving the girls a few tips, the cheerleaders led a fully-choreographed performance, which Stephanie and Kerri were delighted to be a part of.
“We love everything about cheerleading and it’s great to get the chance to come here,” said Stephanie.
You may also want to watch:
Stephanie’s mother, Sheralyn Hedges, added: “Stephanie tried gymnastics and tried dancing but it was cheerleading that brought the two together and it just clicked.”
The pupils impressed their teachers, with one member of the team saying: “The girls were brilliant today. They were really attentive, keen to get involved and judging from the fact they were all grinning ear-to-ear, they clearly had a great time!”
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 5 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 6 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 7 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 8 Brentwood Tudor church damaged in illegal New Year's Eve party raises nearly £20,000 for repairs
- 9 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 10 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster
Twilights is held at the Havering Gymnastics Centre in Bower Park School, Havering Road. For information on how to get involved, email email@example.com.