Revealed: Havering’s eateries with a zero rating for hygiene
Five eateries and one shop in Havering have been slapped with the worst possible hygiene ratings, the Recorder can reveal.
Following inspections by council environmental health officers, all six business have given zero ratings - meaning that “urgent improvement is necessary.”
All were rated according to how hygienically the food is handled, including how it is prepared, cooked, re-heated and cooled.
Officers also considered the condition of the business premises’ structure including the cleanliness, layout, lighting, ventilation and other facilities as well as the way the businesses manages and records what it does to make sure food is safe.
The ratings are then published on the Food Standards Agency website.
Businesses are not required to display their ratings so if you would like to check for yourself you can do so by visiting ratings.food.gov.uk.
A Havering Council spokesperson, said: “The business, Sunrise Jacket Potato & Oriental Food, Romford (103 Romford Shopping Hall, 43 Market Place, Romford), was inspected by us on 24 March when significant food safety failings were found. This resulted in a national Food Hygiene Rating (FHRS) of ‘0’.
- 1 Romford pair to 'bring a little bit of raving' to 'more mature' Hornchurch community
- 2 'The smell is foul': Brigade called to more than 70 fires at Rainham site since 2018
- 3 Bid to turn Harold Wood motor shop into three-bedroom home refused by council
- 4 Watch: Brawl erupts on Heath Park street outside pub
- 5 Man, 52, found with head injuries in Hornchurch
- 6 'A social club for the community': 90-year-old Hornchurch snooker hall to close after 'losing battle' over lease
- 7 Man arrested after allegedly begging while armed with hammer
- 8 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 9 Proposal to bulldoze Romford shops to make way for 15 homes
“We carried out a revisit on April 10 and were pleased to find it much improved and safe to leave until the next routine inspection in 11 months. The rating will remain unchanged until then unless the owner applies for an extra re-rating visit.”