Revealed: Havering’s eateries with a zero rating for hygiene
Five eateries and one shop in Havering have been slapped with the worst possible hygiene ratings, the Recorder can reveal.
Following inspections by council environmental health officers, all six business have given zero ratings - meaning that “urgent improvement is necessary.”
All were rated according to how hygienically the food is handled, including how it is prepared, cooked, re-heated and cooled.
Officers also considered the condition of the business premises’ structure including the cleanliness, layout, lighting, ventilation and other facilities as well as the way the businesses manages and records what it does to make sure food is safe.
The ratings are then published on the Food Standards Agency website.
You may also want to watch:
Businesses are not required to display their ratings so if you would like to check for yourself you can do so by visiting ratings.food.gov.uk.
A Havering Council spokesperson, said: “The business, Sunrise Jacket Potato & Oriental Food, Romford (103 Romford Shopping Hall, 43 Market Place, Romford), was inspected by us on 24 March when significant food safety failings were found. This resulted in a national Food Hygiene Rating (FHRS) of ‘0’.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 7 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 8 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 9 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic
- 10 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
“We carried out a revisit on April 10 and were pleased to find it much improved and safe to leave until the next routine inspection in 11 months. The rating will remain unchanged until then unless the owner applies for an extra re-rating visit.”