Report praises Romford mortuary
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Queen’s Hospital have been praised for the care they give dead patients.
Following an inspection of the mortuary at the Rom Valley Way, Romford site it was found that Queen’s complied with all the national standards.
The inspection was carried out by the Human Tissue Authority (HTA), and their report said: “The facilities not only demonstrated the the pride the mortuary staff have in their work, but also showed their commitment to the care and dignity of the deceased.”
Around 700 post-mortem examinations are carried out every year at the hospital.
Dr Geraldine Soosay, clinical director for pathology at Queen’s, said: “The HTA inspection report was very pleasing, particularly as it highlighted so many areas of good practice within our service.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to congratulate the team for this fantastic achievement and wish to thank them for their continued hard work and dedication.”
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 7 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 8 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic
- 9 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 10 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell