Queen’s Hospital NHS trust appoints former British Airways executive as chief financial officer
- Credit: Archant
Havering’s NHS hospital trust has appointed the former chief financial officer of British Airways as its new CFO.
Nick Swift joined the Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals Trust (BHRUT) at the start of September, and has taken up the role on an initial 10-month contract.
Mr Swift has more than 20 years of board experience in a variety of international finance roles, and since leaving British Airways in 2016 has pursued a keen interest in health and the NHS – having studied a Masters in Health and Medical Science at University College London, and also having joined East and North Herts NHS Trust as a non-executive director.
He currently lives in Hatfield with his wife Jude and their two daughters.
He said: “I’m really pleased to be joining the team at the Trust. Like many people, I’m very proud of this country’s National Health Service, and it’s great to now be a part of it. There will undoubtedly be challenges, but I’m looking forward to tackling them.”
You may also want to watch:
BHRUT – which runs Queen’s Hospital in Rom Valley Way, Romford, and King George Hospital in Barley Lane, Goodmayes – was placed in financial special measures in February, and former chief executive Matthew Hopkins stepped down from his role in July.
The trust’s Chris Bown, interim chief executive, said: “We are delighted to have secured the services of someone with Nick’s extensive track record, experience and expertise. He’s the kind of person we need to be attracting to the NHS.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 6 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 7 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 8 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
“I, along with the rest of the Board and the Executive team look forward to working closely with Nick to continue to turn around the trust after the recent financial difficulties we have been working through.”