Police drop by Romford Market in community drive
- Credit: Archant
Officers stopped by Romford Market on Saturday to offer information and advice to visitors.
The Brooklands ward Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) were there to promote their work around the area and answer any questions put to them.
SNT Chairman, Mick Slaughter, said: “It was was absolutely brilliant, we were very well received.
“We spoke about crime prevention - double locking your doors, having UPVC doors fitted and about motor vehicle theft.
“A few hundred people spoke to us and it’s really important. If we helped five of them it’s a success.”
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 5 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 6 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 7 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 8 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 9 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says