Police drop by Romford Market in community drive
- Credit: Archant
Officers stopped by Romford Market on Saturday to offer information and advice to visitors.
The Brooklands ward Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) were there to promote their work around the area and answer any questions put to them.
SNT Chairman, Mick Slaughter, said: “It was was absolutely brilliant, we were very well received.
“We spoke about crime prevention - double locking your doors, having UPVC doors fitted and about motor vehicle theft.
“A few hundred people spoke to us and it’s really important. If we helped five of them it’s a success.”
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 6 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 8 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 9 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 10 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall