Police drop by Romford Market in community drive
- Credit: Archant
Officers stopped by Romford Market on Saturday to offer information and advice to visitors.
The Brooklands ward Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) were there to promote their work around the area and answer any questions put to them.
SNT Chairman, Mick Slaughter, said: “It was was absolutely brilliant, we were very well received.
“We spoke about crime prevention - double locking your doors, having UPVC doors fitted and about motor vehicle theft.
“A few hundred people spoke to us and it’s really important. If we helped five of them it’s a success.”
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 3 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 8 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 9 Schools say lack of funding means they can't carry out mass Covid testing
- 10 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge