Revealed: How many patients per GP are there at your surgery?
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Have you ever wondered how many patients a doctor is responsible for at your local surgery?
Workforce data recently published by NHS Digital reveals how many patients and GPs there are at every general practice across England.
We looked at the figures for the NHS North East London Clinical Commissioning Group, which serves eight local authority areas including Barking and Dagenham, Hackney, Havering, Newham, Redbridge and Tower Hamlets.
Some practices in those areas rank among the highest in the country for the number of patients per GP, while others are among the lowest.
GP figures are based on the full-time equivalent of qualified, permanent general practitioners - so they exclude locums, registrars and trainees.
Southdene Surgery in South Woodford had the 45th highest number of patients per GP in England with 13,965, according to the data.
The Lea Surgery in Homerton was ranked 79th with 11,099.
- 1 Kem Cetinay: Love Island star offers ‘deepest condolences’ after fatal motorcycle collision
- 2 'Totally gutted’: Hornchurch nightclub owner vows to appeal after opening hours extension refused
- 3 Romford World Naked Bike Ride: How protest sits at the heart of the nude cycle
- 4 Motorcyclist dies after collision with car on Shepherds Hill
- 5 ‘It winds me up’: Cleanliness of Romford’s South Street slammed
- 6 Hornchurch police station: No movement on purchase plan as assurances sought about station's future
- 7 Romford flooring company proposes disused shop as site for new three-storey building with six homes
- 8 Man dies after suffering gunshot injuries in Harold Hill
- 9 Ilford man charged with possession of knife after Romford nightclub search
- 10 'Extremely hard': Mum donates Isla Caton's toys in act of kindness so 'her legacy lives on'
At the other end of the rankings, Health E1 in Brick Lane has 430 patients per GP - the 16th lowest figure in England.
This is based on 1,067 registered patients and 2.5 full-time equivalent GPs.
Newham Transitional Practice was 51st lowest nationally with 986 patients per GP.
The rankings are out of 6,387 practices across England.
Use the map above or search using the table below to see the figures for your surgery and compare it to others in the area.