Coronavirus: One visitor per patient allowed at Queen’s and King George Hospitals, according to latest guidelines
- Credit: Archant
Only one visitor for each patient is allowed per day at Queen’s and King George Hospitals, according to their latest guidelines.
Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust (BHRUT) today (Wednesday, March 18) tweeted out the latest changes to its policy for visitors to the hospitals, in Romford and Goodmayes.
These state that all patients may only have one visitor per day, which must be the same person.
Only the birthing partner is allowed to accompany women in the maternity department, while the visiting hours at the two hospitals are now from 3pm to 6pm.
The trust also said that only one person for each patient is allowed to accompany them to emergency departments, all assessment units and outpatient departments.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors for patients with coronavirus or suspected of having coronavirus will be given protective equipment to wear while on the ward.
A trust spokesman said: “Exceptional circumstances will be considered by our ward managers and these do not apply to end of life patients.”
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Severe flooding in Havering and Dagenham as "tornado" hits Barking
- 6 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 7 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 9 Get clued up on road and train disruptions coming to the area
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
Some routine planned inpatient surgery has been postponed by the trust but it will continue to carry out cancer and emergency surgeries.
No children under the age of 18 are allowed to visit at either hospital.