Nearly 3,000 people will need to register with another doctor as Collier Row surgery is set to close
- Credit: Archant
Nearly 3,000 people registered with a doctor’s practice will be asked to look elsewhere for care after it was revealed a surgery is set to close.
Bay Tree Medical Centre, Collier Row Lane, Collier Row, will be closing its doors on August 26.
The two registered GPs at the practice Dr Mazhar Mahmood and Dr Velautham Kuhan have decided to resign from their contract.
As Dr Mahmood and Dr Kuhan own the building, the practice will close for good in August.
Havering Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is now looking to “disperse” patients and ensure people can register with other practices in the area.
You may also want to watch:
A Havering CCG spokesman said: “The GP partners at Bay Tree Medical Centre have decided to stop providing GP services and as they own the premises, the practice will close in August.
“All Bay Tree patients can be accommodated by practices within a one mile radius so we have written to all of them with a list of their nearest GPs and advice on how to register.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 7 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 8 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 9 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
“We will also be holding sessions at the practice so we can help any patients who need further support.”
Drop in sessions will be held at the closing surgery on July 14 between 9.30am and 11am and July 19 between 4-5pm, where patients can receive further information about how to register with a new practice.
Patients must register with a new practice by 25 August to continue receiving GP services.