More than 5,700 patients could follow GP to Hornchurch practice as doctor surgeries merge
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of patients registered with a doctor’s practice will be automatically transferred to a different surgery following the retirement of a GP.
It comes after Dr Vijayinder Uberoy, of Dr Uberoy and Dr Kumar’s, decided to retire on November 30.
It means the two practice buildings he owns in Dorian Road, Hornchurch and Rainham Road, Rainham, will close on this date.
Patients who wish to keep seeing the practice partner Dr Rajesh Kumar will be able to do so at Rosewood Medical Centre, Astra Close, Hornchurch, which already has 8,750 people registered with it.
There will also be an option for patients to see any of the other Rosewood Medical doctors.
You may also want to watch:
The 5,707 patients registered at the current practice will have their records automatically transferred to Rosewood Medical Centre, meaning if the Hornchurch location is inconvenient, people are asked to visit www.nhs.uk and find out about more practices near them.
They can also call the NHS England customer contact line on 0300 311 2233 for guidance.
- 1 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 2 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Heritage: Mystery of the moated mound on Romford Hill
- 5 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 6 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 7 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 8 Police unit for 'high-harm' crimes tackles hike in domestic incidents
- 9 Covid-19: What's opening and what can you do on April 12?
- 10 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
In a letter to patients registered with Dr Uberoy and Dr Kumar’s, NHS England’s director of Primary Care, Liz Wise, said: “Rosewood Medical Centre is located in the middle of Drs Uberoy and Kumar’s current Dorian Road and Rainham Road premises.
“It is served by the 252 bus, which stops a short walk away in South End Road.”
Any patients with queries, should contact Dr Kumar’s management team on 01708 470791 or 01708 477051.