More than 5,700 patients could follow GP to Hornchurch practice as doctor surgeries merge
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of patients registered with a doctor’s practice will be automatically transferred to a different surgery following the retirement of a GP.
It comes after Dr Vijayinder Uberoy, of Dr Uberoy and Dr Kumar’s, decided to retire on November 30.
It means the two practice buildings he owns in Dorian Road, Hornchurch and Rainham Road, Rainham, will close on this date.
Patients who wish to keep seeing the practice partner Dr Rajesh Kumar will be able to do so at Rosewood Medical Centre, Astra Close, Hornchurch, which already has 8,750 people registered with it.
There will also be an option for patients to see any of the other Rosewood Medical doctors.
The 5,707 patients registered at the current practice will have their records automatically transferred to Rosewood Medical Centre, meaning if the Hornchurch location is inconvenient, people are asked to visit www.nhs.uk and find out about more practices near them.
They can also call the NHS England customer contact line on 0300 311 2233 for guidance.
- 1 Man in critical condition after 'deliberate' hit and run in Hornchurch
- 2 Man suffers 'life-threatening' injuries after vehicle hits gas main on A127
- 3 Plans submitted for 'new housing development' in Hornchurch
- 4 Council to inspect 'dangerous' space outside Upminster homes
- 5 Owner calls support for new Gidea Park pizzeria 'overwhelming'
- 6 3 Romford arrests in modern slavery, cannabis and money laundering probe
- 7 Councillor leaves HRA group on council over Labour agreement
- 8 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 9 ‘Lawless’: Further issues raised with state and maintenance of Romford car park
- 10 Permission granted for streetlights along footpath to hospital
In a letter to patients registered with Dr Uberoy and Dr Kumar’s, NHS England’s director of Primary Care, Liz Wise, said: “Rosewood Medical Centre is located in the middle of Drs Uberoy and Kumar’s current Dorian Road and Rainham Road premises.
“It is served by the 252 bus, which stops a short walk away in South End Road.”
Any patients with queries, should contact Dr Kumar’s management team on 01708 470791 or 01708 477051.