More than 5,700 patients could follow GP to Hornchurch practice as doctor surgeries merge
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of patients registered with a doctor’s practice will be automatically transferred to a different surgery following the retirement of a GP.
It comes after Dr Vijayinder Uberoy, of Dr Uberoy and Dr Kumar’s, decided to retire on November 30.
It means the two practice buildings he owns in Dorian Road, Hornchurch and Rainham Road, Rainham, will close on this date.
Patients who wish to keep seeing the practice partner Dr Rajesh Kumar will be able to do so at Rosewood Medical Centre, Astra Close, Hornchurch, which already has 8,750 people registered with it.
There will also be an option for patients to see any of the other Rosewood Medical doctors.
You may also want to watch:
The 5,707 patients registered at the current practice will have their records automatically transferred to Rosewood Medical Centre, meaning if the Hornchurch location is inconvenient, people are asked to visit www.nhs.uk and find out about more practices near them.
They can also call the NHS England customer contact line on 0300 311 2233 for guidance.
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 4 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 5 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 6 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 7 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 8 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 9 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
- 10 More than 100 attend first session of gangs awareness workshop run by detective
In a letter to patients registered with Dr Uberoy and Dr Kumar’s, NHS England’s director of Primary Care, Liz Wise, said: “Rosewood Medical Centre is located in the middle of Drs Uberoy and Kumar’s current Dorian Road and Rainham Road premises.
“It is served by the 252 bus, which stops a short walk away in South End Road.”
Any patients with queries, should contact Dr Kumar’s management team on 01708 470791 or 01708 477051.