BHRUT confirms 17 Covid deaths last week
- Credit: Barts NHS Trust
The health trust which runs Queen’s and King George hospitals, confirmed 17 Covid deaths last week.
And on October 21, 110 people in Redbridge tested positive – the highest number recorded in just one day.
Yesterday, Sunday, October 25, Havering recorded 81 positive tests.
Last week’s deaths figure is more than double the Covid deaths in other north east London NHS trusts that week.
Barts Health NHS Trust, which manages five east London hospitals including Whipps Cross, confirmed six deaths and Homerton University Hospital in Hackney confirmed one.
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow, Tuesday, October 27, at 6pm Redbridge leaders will hold a question and answer session via Microsoft Teams for residents to get more information about the situation in the borough.
- 1 Firefighters fight car alight in Romford
- 2 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 3 From 100 steps to 10,000: Romford woman tackles serious health issues by losing third of body weight
- 4 Romford neighbours' outrage over ‘bonkers’ £20,000 council bill
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 BID installs wall of evergreen plants to ‘welcome people’ to Romford
- 7 'We had no idea how big he was': 11lb 4oz baby born at Romford hospital
- 8 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 9 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 10 'Stay strong': West Ham footballers send messages to fan with cancer