Labradoodle rescued by firemen after tube television causes fire in Harold Wood home

The labradoodle was rescued from the building by firemen.

The labradoodle was rescued from the building by firemen. - Credit: sub

A labradoodle was rescued by firefighters after an old television set caught fire and its owners could not get it to leave a smoke-filled building.

Crews from Harold Hill and Hornchurch were called to a property in Shepherds Hill, Harold Wood last night after an old-fashioned tube television fire caused a guest house to become blacked out with thick smoke.

A mother and two children had already freed two of their pet dogs as they awaited firefighters but one startled pooch could not be tempted out - despite efforts from one child which left him requiring treatment for smoke inhalation.

Crews were called at 9.45pm and dealt with the fire within an hour, reuiniting the pet with its owners.

Fire investigators believe it was an accidental electrical fire.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus