Hospital investigators want to talk to Havering public next week
Investigators are urging residents to share their experinces of Queen’s and King George hospitals, as part of a major inquiry into patient safety.
A full investigation into care at Barking, Havering and Redbridge Hospitals Trust - which manages Queen’s, in Rom Valley Way, Romford, and King George, in Goodmayes - was launched three weeks ago by indpendent health watchdog, the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
It follows “serious concerns” about patient care.
Investigators want to talk to patients, their families or carers.
Frontline staff will also be interviewed and observed at work.
“[The investigation] will also involve gathering evidence through examination of records and requesting written statements,” a CQC spokesman said, “as well as looking at the role of commissioning bodies.”
Members of the public are invited to meet with the team between July 25 and 29, and talk in confidence about their experiences.
- 1 Upminster fire: 80 firefighters tackle grassland blaze as warm weather continues
- 2 Campion pupil Thorne chasing Commonwealth Games glory
- 3 Get your fill of tacos, burritos and more as Taco Bell announces opening date for new Hornchurch restaurant
- 4 'Totally gutted’: Hornchurch nightclub owner vows to appeal after opening hours extension refused
- 5 Kem Cetinay: Love Island star offers ‘deepest condolences’ after fatal motorcycle collision
- 6 Solution to blaze hotspot in Rainham may take 'some time' to find, residents warned
- 7 Meals delivery service for elderly and vulnerable launches in Havering
- 8 Romford World Naked Bike Ride: How protest sits at the heart of the nude cycle
- 9 Motorcyclist dies after collision with car on Shepherds Hill
- 10 Forests between Dagenham and Brentwood to benefit from mass plantations amid £40 million investment
These meetings will be held at central locations across Romford and Ilford.
To book an appointment please contact: 03000 616161
Residents can also get in touch via email or by letter, quoting reference number 1-275538421
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and send a letter to: CQC National Correspondence, Citygate, Gallowgate, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 4PA