Hornchurch wellness centre opening is a big success
- Credit: Archant
A new wellness centre aiming to improve the health and nutrition of people living in Hornchurch enjoyed a “fantastic” opening night.
Over 100 people attended the opening which was held in the centre on Billet Lane, Hornchurch on Wednesday.
The Quickstart wellness centre will use Herbalife personal wellness coaches who are trained to give people advice on how to adapt their current diet and nutritional knowledge to improve their health.
It was put together by Charlotte and Gary Richards, who plan to expand and open more centres around Essex in the future.
They said: “We are delighted to be able to help improve the health and well being of the community through the use of the centre and everything that will be run from here. We love working as Herbalife distributors and find it so rewarding to be able to give something back to the community.”
The centre offers Hornchurch residents a free personal wellness evaluation, which will lead to regular weigh in sessions and follow ups.
There will also be free cycling and running clubs and nutritional seminars on offer.
- 1 Aldi given nod to open at former Mothercare branch in Romford
- 2 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 3 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 4 NHS staff protest mandatory vaccinations outside Queen's Hospital
- 5 Aklu Plaza submits plans to convert third floor into banqueting suite
- 6 Romford's South Street reacts to BBC licence fee announcement
- 7 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 9 Mum-of-two honoured by US president Joe Biden
- 10 Man found not guilty of attempted murder in Brentwood
Centre leader Paul Hurworth said: “I’ve been involved with Herbalife now for 18 months and being able to work out of the wellness centre is such a great opportunity to help a lot more people local to home to improve their health. It’s always a great feeling seeing all their results, lots of exciting times ahead.”