Hornchurch doctor’s surgery to close forcing 1,700 patients to register elsewhere
- Credit: Archant
More than 1,700 people registered with a doctor’s practice have been told they must register elsewhere as it is set to close down.
The lead doctor at The Surgery, Station Lane, Hornchurch, Dr Qurban Gillett-Waller, is set to retire on June 30 and will not be replaced.
As Dr Gillett-Waller is the lead doctor and owns the building, The Surgery will close on the day of his retirement.
The Surgery has one other doctor working two sessions a week on Monday and Friday evenings.
Havering Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) has told patients to register with another practice in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Drop in sessions will be held at the closing surgery on May 31 between 4pm and 5.30pm and June 2 between 9.30am and 11am, where patients can receive further information about how to register with a new practice.
Patients must register with a new practice by 30 June to continue receiving GP services.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 7 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 8 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic
- 9 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 10 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
Are you registered with The Surgery? Will you be affected by the closure? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org