Hornchurch doctor’s surgery to close forcing 1,700 patients to register elsewhere
- Credit: Archant
More than 1,700 people registered with a doctor’s practice have been told they must register elsewhere as it is set to close down.
The lead doctor at The Surgery, Station Lane, Hornchurch, Dr Qurban Gillett-Waller, is set to retire on June 30 and will not be replaced.
As Dr Gillett-Waller is the lead doctor and owns the building, The Surgery will close on the day of his retirement.
The Surgery has one other doctor working two sessions a week on Monday and Friday evenings.
Havering Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) has told patients to register with another practice in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Drop in sessions will be held at the closing surgery on May 31 between 4pm and 5.30pm and June 2 between 9.30am and 11am, where patients can receive further information about how to register with a new practice.
Patients must register with a new practice by 30 June to continue receiving GP services.
- 1 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 2 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 5 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 6 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 7 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 8 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
Are you registered with The Surgery? Will you be affected by the closure? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org