Hornchurch doctor’s surgery to close forcing 1,700 patients to register elsewhere
- Credit: Archant
More than 1,700 people registered with a doctor’s practice have been told they must register elsewhere as it is set to close down.
The lead doctor at The Surgery, Station Lane, Hornchurch, Dr Qurban Gillett-Waller, is set to retire on June 30 and will not be replaced.
As Dr Gillett-Waller is the lead doctor and owns the building, The Surgery will close on the day of his retirement.
The Surgery has one other doctor working two sessions a week on Monday and Friday evenings.
Havering Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) has told patients to register with another practice in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Drop in sessions will be held at the closing surgery on May 31 between 4pm and 5.30pm and June 2 between 9.30am and 11am, where patients can receive further information about how to register with a new practice.
Patients must register with a new practice by 30 June to continue receiving GP services.
- 1 Four people taken to hospital after Romford town centre incident
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 6 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 7 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 8 Romford location ‘encapsulates Britain’ in soon to premiere horror movie
- 9 Mourners to host vigil in Harold Hill park for lost teenage boys
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
Are you registered with The Surgery? Will you be affected by the closure? Please email email@example.com