Hornchurch doctor’s surgery to close forcing 1,700 patients to register elsewhere
- Credit: Archant
More than 1,700 people registered with a doctor’s practice have been told they must register elsewhere as it is set to close down.
The lead doctor at The Surgery, Station Lane, Hornchurch, Dr Qurban Gillett-Waller, is set to retire on June 30 and will not be replaced.
As Dr Gillett-Waller is the lead doctor and owns the building, The Surgery will close on the day of his retirement.
The Surgery has one other doctor working two sessions a week on Monday and Friday evenings.
Havering Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) has told patients to register with another practice in the area.
Drop in sessions will be held at the closing surgery on May 31 between 4pm and 5.30pm and June 2 between 9.30am and 11am, where patients can receive further information about how to register with a new practice.
Patients must register with a new practice by 30 June to continue receiving GP services.
- 1 TfL confirms plan to 'strengthen' Gallows Corner flyover 'for many generations to come'
- 2 'When it’s hot, it’s a sauna’: Residents rally against scaffolding on Romford apartment building
- 3 Dispersal order enforced in Elm Park amid antisocial behaviour concerns
- 4 Hornchurch medical centre temporarily shut after legionella bacteria found
- 5 'Impasse': Deadline looms over Havering parties struggling to agree to coalition after election
- 6 Proposal to build six flats on former Collier Row petrol station
- 7 Teachers and other union members strike at Harold Hill school over restructure during cost-of-living crisis
- 8 Man charged with murder of 'loving father' from Romford
- 9 In pictures: See the adorable dogs who competed for show ribbons in Noak Hill
- 10 Schools and staff across east London up for national awards
Are you registered with The Surgery? Will you be affected by the closure? Please email email@example.com