Hornchurch doctor’s surgery to close forcing 1,700 patients to register elsewhere
- Credit: Archant
More than 1,700 people registered with a doctor’s practice have been told they must register elsewhere as it is set to close down.
The lead doctor at The Surgery, Station Lane, Hornchurch, Dr Qurban Gillett-Waller, is set to retire on June 30 and will not be replaced.
As Dr Gillett-Waller is the lead doctor and owns the building, The Surgery will close on the day of his retirement.
The Surgery has one other doctor working two sessions a week on Monday and Friday evenings.
Havering Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) has told patients to register with another practice in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Drop in sessions will be held at the closing surgery on May 31 between 4pm and 5.30pm and June 2 between 9.30am and 11am, where patients can receive further information about how to register with a new practice.
Patients must register with a new practice by 30 June to continue receiving GP services.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 2 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 3 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 6 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 7 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 8 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 9 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 10 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
Are you registered with The Surgery? Will you be affected by the closure? Please email email@example.com