Havering’s best blokes wanted for campaign
- Credit: Archant
Model men are being sought by a leisure company for their campaign to celebrate inspirational people.
To celeb rate Mens’ Health Week, Everyone Active, which manages Central Park Leisure in Harold Hill with Havering Council, is looking for the borough’s best blokes.
They want people to nominate men, including any friends, family, or workmates of any age and ability, who have inspired them to take on a new active challenge.
The winner will be presented with a six month free membership to the sports centre and entered into a national draw to win two activity days worth £500.
Nominations can be made via the Central Park Leisure Centre Facebook and Twitter pages, by summarising in 120 characters how their nomination has inspired them to be more active.
You may also want to watch:
The competition follows the Our Girl Can campaign, which was launched on International Women’s Day in March. Kerry Barratt was chosen as the winner.
Dan Humphries, general manager at Central Park, said: “We’ve celebrated the girls and now it’s the men’s turn.”
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 5 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 6 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 7 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
- 8 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 9 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 10 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury