Havering’s best blokes wanted for campaign
- Credit: Archant
Model men are being sought by a leisure company for their campaign to celebrate inspirational people.
To celeb rate Mens’ Health Week, Everyone Active, which manages Central Park Leisure in Harold Hill with Havering Council, is looking for the borough’s best blokes.
They want people to nominate men, including any friends, family, or workmates of any age and ability, who have inspired them to take on a new active challenge.
The winner will be presented with a six month free membership to the sports centre and entered into a national draw to win two activity days worth £500.
Nominations can be made via the Central Park Leisure Centre Facebook and Twitter pages, by summarising in 120 characters how their nomination has inspired them to be more active.
You may also want to watch:
The competition follows the Our Girl Can campaign, which was launched on International Women’s Day in March. Kerry Barratt was chosen as the winner.
Dan Humphries, general manager at Central Park, said: “We’ve celebrated the girls and now it’s the men’s turn.”
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 5 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 6 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Brookside Theatre to reopen with Peter Rabbit musical and Hairspray