Havering’s best blokes wanted for campaign
- Credit: Archant
Model men are being sought by a leisure company for their campaign to celebrate inspirational people.
To celeb rate Mens’ Health Week, Everyone Active, which manages Central Park Leisure in Harold Hill with Havering Council, is looking for the borough’s best blokes.
They want people to nominate men, including any friends, family, or workmates of any age and ability, who have inspired them to take on a new active challenge.
The winner will be presented with a six month free membership to the sports centre and entered into a national draw to win two activity days worth £500.
Nominations can be made via the Central Park Leisure Centre Facebook and Twitter pages, by summarising in 120 characters how their nomination has inspired them to be more active.
You may also want to watch:
The competition follows the Our Girl Can campaign, which was launched on International Women’s Day in March. Kerry Barratt was chosen as the winner.
Dan Humphries, general manager at Central Park, said: “We’ve celebrated the girls and now it’s the men’s turn.”
- 1 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 2 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 3 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 4 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 5 'My life lit up': Councillor's joy at reuniting with daughter after more than 30 years
- 6 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 7 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 8 Queen's and King George hospitals reach 10,000 vaccinated milestone
- 9 Council campaign calls on residents to take up Covid vaccine
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks