Havering recycling scheme set to make a splash
- Credit: Archant
Recycling residents will now be able to earn swimming vouchers for their efforts.
Green Points Havering rewards those who reduce waste, now has 25,000 members in the borough.
And after a deal was struck with Everyone Active leisure centres, they will all now be able to keep fit as a result.
Waste and recycling are measured across eight areas to determine the number of points to award to each household.
Cllr Robert Benham, cabinet member for environment, said: “People can get fit, have fun and help the environment all at the same time.”
You may also want to watch:
An adult swim can be purchased for 1,520 points with a child swim just 1,120. A game of squash will set you back 3,200 points.
Participating centres are Central Park Leisure Centre in Harold Hill, Chafford Sports Complex in Lambs Lane South, Rainham and Hornchurch Sports Centre in Harrow Lodge Park.
- 1 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 2 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 3 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 4 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 5 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 Polling places review underway ahead of 2022 ward increase
- 10 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted