Havering recycling scheme set to make a splash
- Credit: Archant
Recycling residents will now be able to earn swimming vouchers for their efforts.
Green Points Havering rewards those who reduce waste, now has 25,000 members in the borough.
And after a deal was struck with Everyone Active leisure centres, they will all now be able to keep fit as a result.
Waste and recycling are measured across eight areas to determine the number of points to award to each household.
Cllr Robert Benham, cabinet member for environment, said: “People can get fit, have fun and help the environment all at the same time.”
You may also want to watch:
An adult swim can be purchased for 1,520 points with a child swim just 1,120. A game of squash will set you back 3,200 points.
Participating centres are Central Park Leisure Centre in Harold Hill, Chafford Sports Complex in Lambs Lane South, Rainham and Hornchurch Sports Centre in Harrow Lodge Park.
- 1 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 2 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
- 3 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 4 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 5 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 6 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
- 7 Heritage: Mystery of the moated mound on Romford Hill
- 8 Elm Park pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 Five-year-old Ezra cycles 500km for charity
- 10 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open