Harold Wood Polyclinic closed due to leak
The Harold Wood Polyclinic was closed today due to a leak from its plumbing system.
The centre, in The Drive, off Gubbins Lane, had to shut at around 11.30am.
A spokesman for NHS ONEL, which commissions services there, said that the water on the floors made it unsafe to use and it had to close while repairs were carried out.
It will remain closed for the rest of today, but is expected to open again tomorrow.
In the meantime residents are advised to visit their local pharmacist, or use the walk in clinics in Broad Street, Dagenham, or Loxford Lane, Ilford, rather than use A&E at hospitals.
You may also want to watch:
Queen’s and King George’s Hospitals have both reported long waiting times and health bosses have said that only people with life threatening illnesses or injuries use A&E.
Were you affected by the closure of the polyclinic? Call the Recorder newsdesk on 020 8477 3796 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 2 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 3 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 4 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 7 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 8 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week