Harold Wood Polyclinic closed due to leak
The Harold Wood Polyclinic was closed today due to a leak from its plumbing system.
The centre, in The Drive, off Gubbins Lane, had to shut at around 11.30am.
A spokesman for NHS ONEL, which commissions services there, said that the water on the floors made it unsafe to use and it had to close while repairs were carried out.
It will remain closed for the rest of today, but is expected to open again tomorrow.
In the meantime residents are advised to visit their local pharmacist, or use the walk in clinics in Broad Street, Dagenham, or Loxford Lane, Ilford, rather than use A&E at hospitals.
You may also want to watch:
Queen’s and King George’s Hospitals have both reported long waiting times and health bosses have said that only people with life threatening illnesses or injuries use A&E.
Were you affected by the closure of the polyclinic? Call the Recorder newsdesk on 020 8477 3796 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 4 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Romford add to management team as Boro win 11-goal Waltham Abbey friendly