Harold Wood Polyclinic closed due to leak
The Harold Wood Polyclinic was closed today due to a leak from its plumbing system.
The centre, in The Drive, off Gubbins Lane, had to shut at around 11.30am.
A spokesman for NHS ONEL, which commissions services there, said that the water on the floors made it unsafe to use and it had to close while repairs were carried out.
It will remain closed for the rest of today, but is expected to open again tomorrow.
In the meantime residents are advised to visit their local pharmacist, or use the walk in clinics in Broad Street, Dagenham, or Loxford Lane, Ilford, rather than use A&E at hospitals.
You may also want to watch:
Queen’s and King George’s Hospitals have both reported long waiting times and health bosses have said that only people with life threatening illnesses or injuries use A&E.
Were you affected by the closure of the polyclinic? Call the Recorder newsdesk on 020 8477 3796 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 7 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 8 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 9 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London