There With You: East London GP creates video to educate children about coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
An east London GP has created a video in a bid to educate children about coronavirus.
Dr Simi Adedeji has posted the video to YouTube aimed at preschool and school age children to explain to them about the Covid-19 virus.
The video includes puppets and soft toys as well as explanations and touches that aim to be easy to understand for the children.
Among the topics featured in the video are social distancing, cough hygiene and hand hygiene.
Dr Adedeji, who works at a practice in Halbutt Street, Dagenham, said: “As a local GP I’ve noticed that this has caused some anxiety symptoms in our children and I thought I would make this video to help parents to ease some of that anxiety around coronavirus.
You may also want to watch:
“It can be really difficult for our children to understand what is going on and why we are practicing social distancing and strict hand hygiene.”
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 4 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 5 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 6 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 7 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 8 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 9 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 10 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars