Golden retriever Buddy can have sight restored thanks to donations from Havering residents
A three-year-old partially blind dog will finally have his sight restored after the public helped raise ₤3,000 towards his eye operations.
Buddy, a golden retriever, has cataracts in both eyes and needs an operation to restore his sight because the disease is quite advanced.
If he did not get the treatment he would be left mostly blind, if not completely, for the rest of his life.
The Davies Vet Specialist gave the rescue centre a �1,000 discount for the treatments to both eyes.
Fundraisers put on a month of events and has finally reached its target so Buddy can have the operations.
You may also want to watch:
He was given up by his owners when they could no longer afford him. He is now living with Hornchurch Animal Rescue founder Donna Evans.
She said: “Buddy is only three-years-old. He was facing losing his sight forever. We thought it was worth working hard to raise the money to get his sight restored.
- 1 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 2 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 3 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 4 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 5 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 6 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 7 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
- 8 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 9 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 10 Hornchurch gym sees 'growing trend' of members post-lockdown
“There is a slight risk with the operation; however due to his age we thought it was a risk worth taking.”
Donna said they did not have all his vaccination history so Buddy will have to have all his vaccinations again. The operation is booked for two weeks’ time at Davies Vet Specialist to allow time for this.
She added: “Everybody has been absolutely fantastic. We have held some events, but people have raised money themselves too. We are grateful for all the help people have given to us.”
Buddy will be rehomed with a new family in Hornchurch once he has recovered from the operation.