Golden retriever Buddy can have sight restored thanks to donations from Havering residents
A three-year-old partially blind dog will finally have his sight restored after the public helped raise ₤3,000 towards his eye operations.
Buddy, a golden retriever, has cataracts in both eyes and needs an operation to restore his sight because the disease is quite advanced.
If he did not get the treatment he would be left mostly blind, if not completely, for the rest of his life.
The Davies Vet Specialist gave the rescue centre a �1,000 discount for the treatments to both eyes.
Fundraisers put on a month of events and has finally reached its target so Buddy can have the operations.
You may also want to watch:
He was given up by his owners when they could no longer afford him. He is now living with Hornchurch Animal Rescue founder Donna Evans.
She said: “Buddy is only three-years-old. He was facing losing his sight forever. We thought it was worth working hard to raise the money to get his sight restored.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 3 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 4 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 5 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 6 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 9 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 10 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
“There is a slight risk with the operation; however due to his age we thought it was a risk worth taking.”
Donna said they did not have all his vaccination history so Buddy will have to have all his vaccinations again. The operation is booked for two weeks’ time at Davies Vet Specialist to allow time for this.
She added: “Everybody has been absolutely fantastic. We have held some events, but people have raised money themselves too. We are grateful for all the help people have given to us.”
Buddy will be rehomed with a new family in Hornchurch once he has recovered from the operation.