Golden retriever Buddy can have sight restored thanks to donations from Havering residents
A three-year-old partially blind dog will finally have his sight restored after the public helped raise ₤3,000 towards his eye operations.
Buddy, a golden retriever, has cataracts in both eyes and needs an operation to restore his sight because the disease is quite advanced.
If he did not get the treatment he would be left mostly blind, if not completely, for the rest of his life.
The Davies Vet Specialist gave the rescue centre a �1,000 discount for the treatments to both eyes.
Fundraisers put on a month of events and has finally reached its target so Buddy can have the operations.
He was given up by his owners when they could no longer afford him. He is now living with Hornchurch Animal Rescue founder Donna Evans.
She said: “Buddy is only three-years-old. He was facing losing his sight forever. We thought it was worth working hard to raise the money to get his sight restored.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Here are five top-rated delicious 'cheap eats' in Havering, according to Tripadvisor
- 3 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 4 'Crucial' consultation begins on proposed changes to Lower Thames Crossing project
- 5 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 6 TOWIE stars and West Ham footballer attend Upminster health centre's launch
- 7 Have your say: End of consultation on plans for 860 Romford homes looms
- 8 'Irreversible stress': Nearly 2,000 oppose move to suspend Cranham and Upminster midwifery service
- 9 As many as 15 injured in Gidea Park bus crash
- 10 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
“There is a slight risk with the operation; however due to his age we thought it was a risk worth taking.”
Donna said they did not have all his vaccination history so Buddy will have to have all his vaccinations again. The operation is booked for two weeks’ time at Davies Vet Specialist to allow time for this.
She added: “Everybody has been absolutely fantastic. We have held some events, but people have raised money themselves too. We are grateful for all the help people have given to us.”
Buddy will be rehomed with a new family in Hornchurch once he has recovered from the operation.