Give your thoughts to panel reviewing King George closures.
Havering residents are being urged to speak up on the controversial King George Hospital closures by the body reviewing the decision.
Health Minister Andrew Lansley charged the independent reconfiguration panel (IRP) with looking into maternity and A&E ward closures at the Goodmayes hospital proposed by Health for north east London (Health4Nel).
Investigators, who are experts in NHS change, must consider whether the proposals “will enable the provision of safe, sustainable and accessible services for the local population.”
There are fears Queen’s Hospital, in Rom Valley Way, Romford, would be unable to cope with the influx of extra patients diverted by the closures.
Mr Lansley ordered the review after referrals from Havering, Redbridge, Barking & Dagenham councils and Outer North East London Joint Health Overview and Scrutiny Committee.
You may also want to watch:
Panel chairman Peter Barrett said: “As part of our review we would like to hear from all interested parties in north east London, particularly those who have new evidence to offer or feel that their voice has not been heard, including patients, local residents, local authority representatives, interest groups, clinicians and other staff.”
Contact the group by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 020 7389 8046.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 5 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 8 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 9 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 10 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
Recommendations will be made to Mr Lansley by July 22, who will then go on to make a decision on the changes.
Findings will be published, after consideration by Mr Lansley, on the IRP website: www.irpanel.org.uk