Fundraiser at Harold Hill community centre raises more than £3,000
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising night held to raise money for seven-year-old cancer sufferer Joni-Mai Stevens raised over £3,000.
The event was organised by Rita O’Leary, 45, with the help of her friends and took place at the Harold Hill community centre on Gooshays Drive.
Local business Daisy Doos balloons provided decorations for the hall for free, and lsp studio portraits provided a canvas with a photograph of Joni- Mai, which people could then pay £1 to write a message on.
“Saturday night’s fundraiser was a great success everybody had a lovely time,” said Rita.
“We even had a little girl called Grace sing a few beautiful songs and let me tell you grown men were crying”.
You may also want to watch:
She said that she was getting ready to think of even more ways to raise money for Joni-Mai’s treatment.
The total raised on the night was £3,902.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 4 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Brookside Theatre to reopen with Peter Rabbit musical and Hairspray
It will go towards specialist and potentially life saving treatment in America.
If you are planning a fundraiser for Joni-Mai Stevens, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02084773858. For more information about Joni-Mai and for other fundraisers, click the link on the right.