Fundraiser at Harold Hill community centre raises more than £3,000
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising night held to raise money for seven-year-old cancer sufferer Joni-Mai Stevens raised over £3,000.
The event was organised by Rita O’Leary, 45, with the help of her friends and took place at the Harold Hill community centre on Gooshays Drive.
Local business Daisy Doos balloons provided decorations for the hall for free, and lsp studio portraits provided a canvas with a photograph of Joni- Mai, which people could then pay £1 to write a message on.
“Saturday night’s fundraiser was a great success everybody had a lovely time,” said Rita.
“We even had a little girl called Grace sing a few beautiful songs and let me tell you grown men were crying”.
You may also want to watch:
She said that she was getting ready to think of even more ways to raise money for Joni-Mai’s treatment.
The total raised on the night was £3,902.
- 1 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 2 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 4 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 5 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 6 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 7 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 8 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
- 9 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 10 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
It will go towards specialist and potentially life saving treatment in America.
If you are planning a fundraiser for Joni-Mai Stevens, please contact email@example.com or call 02084773858. For more information about Joni-Mai and for other fundraisers, click the link on the right.