Fundraiser at Harold Hill community centre raises more than £3,000
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising night held to raise money for seven-year-old cancer sufferer Joni-Mai Stevens raised over £3,000.
The event was organised by Rita O’Leary, 45, with the help of her friends and took place at the Harold Hill community centre on Gooshays Drive.
Local business Daisy Doos balloons provided decorations for the hall for free, and lsp studio portraits provided a canvas with a photograph of Joni- Mai, which people could then pay £1 to write a message on.
“Saturday night’s fundraiser was a great success everybody had a lovely time,” said Rita.
“We even had a little girl called Grace sing a few beautiful songs and let me tell you grown men were crying”.
She said that she was getting ready to think of even more ways to raise money for Joni-Mai’s treatment.
The total raised on the night was £3,902.
- 1 Man stabbed in head in reported Hornchurch robbery
- 2 Nude cycle ride supporting cyclists' safety and body positivity to come to Romford
- 3 'Redundant’ Hornchurch office space being eyed for new one-bedroom home
- 4 Jailed: Woman raped by two men in 'depraved' set-up
- 5 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 6 Supermarket giant Aldi confirms construction of new Romford store is ‘progressing well’
- 7 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 8 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 10 Former Upminster farmer hopes to buy back land, but is wary of price going 'up and up and up'
It will go towards specialist and potentially life saving treatment in America.
If you are planning a fundraiser for Joni-Mai Stevens, please contact email@example.com or call 02084773858. For more information about Joni-Mai and for other fundraisers, click the link on the right.