Fundraiser at Harold Hill community centre raises more than £3,000
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising night held to raise money for seven-year-old cancer sufferer Joni-Mai Stevens raised over £3,000.
The event was organised by Rita O’Leary, 45, with the help of her friends and took place at the Harold Hill community centre on Gooshays Drive.
Local business Daisy Doos balloons provided decorations for the hall for free, and lsp studio portraits provided a canvas with a photograph of Joni- Mai, which people could then pay £1 to write a message on.
“Saturday night’s fundraiser was a great success everybody had a lovely time,” said Rita.
“We even had a little girl called Grace sing a few beautiful songs and let me tell you grown men were crying”.
She said that she was getting ready to think of even more ways to raise money for Joni-Mai’s treatment.
The total raised on the night was £3,902.
- 1 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 2 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 3 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 4 Murder investigation continues after man found dead after disturbance in Rainham
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Pupils explore great outdoors at primary's 'forest school'
- 7 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 8 'I thought I was dying': Havering mayor and deputy catch Covid
- 9 Wheelchair user's 'disgust' at borough's pavements after park visit ends with hour wait for ambulance
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
It will go towards specialist and potentially life saving treatment in America.
If you are planning a fundraiser for Joni-Mai Stevens, please contact email@example.com or call 02084773858. For more information about Joni-Mai and for other fundraisers, click the link on the right.