Downward trend in Covid patient numbers continues into March
- Credit: Ken Mears
Daily counts of Covid patients across east London hospitals have continued their downward trend after the lowest numbers since December were recorded last week.
Here are the latest figures for the NHS trusts in the area:
Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals
A combined 91 confirmed Covid patients – including five on ventilators – were recorded at King George and Queen’s hospitals on Tuesday, (March 1).
The count dropped to 81 on February 25 and 26 - the lowest daily total since December 12.
On average, there were 89 Covid patients each day in the week from February 23 to March 1.
The latest figure compares with a total of 97 – including six on mechanical ventilation - across the hospitals on the previous Tuesday (February 22).
- 1 Primark confirms 'incident' involving baby in Romford store
- 2 Man murdered two armed teenage boys who had been chasing him, court told
- 3 Application to build eight five-bed chalet bungalows in Havering-atte-Bower
- 4 Romford sexual abuse victim feels 'truly alone' after paedophile given suspended sentence
- 5 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
- 6 'Increased demand' to blame for overflowing Hornchurch bins, supermarket says
- 7 Previous 15% pay cut overridden for some top Havering politicians in restructure
- 8 Plans submitted for 'new housing development' in Hornchurch
- 9 Free giveaway: Bereaved Hornchurch man to distribute new invention created while wife was terminally ill
- 10 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
The average patients per day in the week to that date was 113 patients.
The trust, which runs five hospitals, recorded 155 confirmed Covid patients on Tuesday, including eight on ventilators.
This total was the lowest seen since December 18.
On the previous Tuesday, February 22, there were a combined 191 patients at the hospitals, with eight on mechanical ventilation.
The average daily count in the week from February 23 to March 1 was 168.
The previous week, the average across The Royal London, Mile End, Newham, Whipps Cross and St Bartholomew's hospitals was 199.