Customers queue up for bargain Norwegian cod
- Credit: Archant
Customers queued at a chippy to get a bargain taster of Norwegian cod.
White Hart Fish Bar, White Hart Lane, Collier Row, took part in Norway Day in the UK by selling 99p portions of the imported fish and chips last Saturday.
Business went so well that 700 portions of the fish were fried up and sold to customers.
Co-owner of the shop Loredana Yorgandji said that it was one of her busiest days in history with customers coming from all over east London to try the Scandinavian fish.
The 35-year-old, who owns the business with her husband, said: “The customers were really happy, particularly at the price.
You may also want to watch:
“I tried some myself and it’s really nice.
“I will try to get Norwegian cod from now on.”
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 5 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 7 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 8 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Local high street rewards scheme launched in Brentwood
The promotion was in partnership with the Norwegian Seafood Council.