Customers queue up for bargain Norwegian cod
- Credit: Archant
Customers queued at a chippy to get a bargain taster of Norwegian cod.
White Hart Fish Bar, White Hart Lane, Collier Row, took part in Norway Day in the UK by selling 99p portions of the imported fish and chips last Saturday.
Business went so well that 700 portions of the fish were fried up and sold to customers.
Co-owner of the shop Loredana Yorgandji said that it was one of her busiest days in history with customers coming from all over east London to try the Scandinavian fish.
The 35-year-old, who owns the business with her husband, said: “The customers were really happy, particularly at the price.
You may also want to watch:
“I tried some myself and it’s really nice.
“I will try to get Norwegian cod from now on.”
- 1 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 2 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 3 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 4 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 5 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 7 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
- 8 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 9 Could you be former Brentwood man's long lost relative?
- 10 Cycle relay through Romford supporting Help for Heroes
The promotion was in partnership with the Norwegian Seafood Council.