Customers queue up for bargain Norwegian cod
- Credit: Archant
Customers queued at a chippy to get a bargain taster of Norwegian cod.
White Hart Fish Bar, White Hart Lane, Collier Row, took part in Norway Day in the UK by selling 99p portions of the imported fish and chips last Saturday.
Business went so well that 700 portions of the fish were fried up and sold to customers.
Co-owner of the shop Loredana Yorgandji said that it was one of her busiest days in history with customers coming from all over east London to try the Scandinavian fish.
The 35-year-old, who owns the business with her husband, said: “The customers were really happy, particularly at the price.
You may also want to watch:
“I tried some myself and it’s really nice.
“I will try to get Norwegian cod from now on.”
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 3 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 4 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 5 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 8 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 9 Havering and Barking and Dagenham parents 'outraged' at poor quality free school meal replacements
- 10 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
The promotion was in partnership with the Norwegian Seafood Council.