Collier Row care home given lifeline in company takeover
� A care home is facing a brighter future after being taken over by a new company.
Romford Grange in Collier Row Lane, Collier Row, was previously run by Southern Cross, which announced it was facing a financial crisis in June.
Southern Cross said it would be withholding 30 per cent of its rent from landlords until September 30 while the firm was restructured.
It blamed the crisis on falling council referrals nationally together with rising rents and care costs.
But this week Four Seasons Health Care said it was taking over homes from Southern Cross. In this final phase, 80 homes have been transferred to Four Seasons and staff will be keeping their jobs.
You may also want to watch:
Ladyville Lounge, in Fen Lane, Upminster, which was also run by Southern Cross, was taken over by Four Seasons during phase two of the takeover.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 3 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 4 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 5 Trust celebrating Hornchurch history opens new permanent heritage centre
- 6 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 7 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 8 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 9 Report found Town Hall response to alleged sexual harassment case 'disturbing'
- 10 Inadequate-graded Rainham care home reported to CQC by own staff
Romford Grange home manager Maureen O’Connor said: “After a long period of uncertainty for both residents and staff, we are pleased to now be a part of Four Seasons Health Care and to be able to continue to care for our residents with their full support. We can look to the future with new confidence.”
Dr Peter Calveley, CEO of Four Seasons Health Care, said: “These homes are an important strategic addition to our organisation and significantly increase our capacity and regional cover. They represent a good fit with our existing homes portfolio.
“I am gratified that the landlords have placed their confidence in Four Seasons as their preferred operator and I am pleased to welcome the Southern Cross employees and residents to Four Seasons.
“We have been working closely with Southern Cross managers to ensure that the transfer of homes would take place with no disruption to care services.”