Children’s designs to decorate walls of new Romford health centre
- Credit: Archant
Artworks by creative youngsters will bring a rainbow of colour to the walls of a new specialist medical centre.
The Acorn Centre, a new state-of-the-art health hub for children, in London Road, Romford, will open its doors today.
The artworks to adorn the centre’s walls have been created by the winners of an competition organised by North East London NHS Foundation Trust (NELFT) to ensure the new centre reflects those who will benefit from it.
Caroline O’Donnell, NELFT integrated director and a member of the judging panel, said: “With such a choice of high quality entries with scenes from New York, to portraits, to a depiction of a unicorn it was really difficult for me and the judging panel to choose winners and runners up from each age group.
“Indeed the quality of the entries was so high, the panel decided that a collage of all entries should be mounted on a wall within the centre along with the winning entries.”
The new centre will provide healthcare services for children between the ages of 0 and 19 years.
It will provide support to those with specialist needs such as physical, sensory, communication, emotional and learning difficulties.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 3 'Crucial' consultation begins on proposed changes to Lower Thames Crossing project
- 4 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 5 Here are five top-rated delicious 'cheap eats' in Havering, according to Tripadvisor
- 6 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 7 As many as 15 injured in Gidea Park bus crash
- 8 Have your say: End of consultation on plans for 860 Romford homes looms
- 9 'Irreversible stress': Nearly 2,000 oppose move to suspend Cranham and Upminster midwifery service
- 10 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
After a prize giving ceremony for the winners of the competition entrants and their parents enjoyed a party.