Hornchurch care home launches video campaign ‘How to have a conversation with your parents on...’
- Credit: Cervello Financial Planning/ Cassie Daems
A Hornchurch care home has launched a series of videos giving advice on how to approach difficult conversations with your parents in later life.
Working in partnership, Chris Daems from Cervello Financial Planning and Jennie Bardrick from Radfield Care Home in Butts Green Road - have created 10 videos called ‘How to have a conversation with your parents on’ and covers topics such as inheritance tax, funding for care, and the difference between home care and a care home.
The videos will be released weekly in the spring on their company social media pages and YouTube channels.
Jennie told the Recorder: “We realised that we both seek to support people that face a number of difficult challenges and the key one was about how they approach difficult conversations with their parents as they grow older. We often have people come to us who feel their parents need extra support to stay independent and comfortable at home but they don’t know where to start. They often have to consider financial implications too such as power of attorney, and helping people understand these complicated topics is what inspired us to create this video series.”
Havering is one of the oldest London boroughs, with more over 65 year olds in the capital than any other borough, and Jennie and Chris are passionate about helping families ensure these people are well cared for both physically and financially.
Here is the full list of video topics:
How to have a conversation with your parents about…
- 1 Road closures in place after Romford flat fire
- 2 Man threatened and robbed of iPhone and bank card at Romford station
- 3 Firefighters rush to tackle Rainham grass fire
- 4 The Bitter End: Former Romford pub for sale again, with draft plan indicating it could be turned into 35 flats
- 5 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 6 'What about vulnerable people?’: Couple protest parking ticket from Gallows Corner Tesco after alleged ‘double dipping’ issue
- 7 Hammers stars surprise hospital patients and staff
- 8 ‘Great response’ in Romford at its inaugural World Naked Bike Ride event
- 9 Havering Council jobs cut: Process 'on track' but number of redundancies not revealed
- 10 Romford man charged after Essex Police investigation into sale of drugs in Chelmsford
?- Getting organised financially
- Lasting power of attorney
- ?Working out how care costs have an impact on wealth
- Fraud prevention/scamming
- Inheritance tax
- Getting some support in the home
- Home care v care home
- Keeping fit & healthy
- Funding/budgeting for care
- What a typical care visit is like
To view the videos when they are released go to https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbqoK-pZgXlbMN6T3XwHHxg