Breaking news: CQC investigation into Queen’s Hospital, Romford, due today
The findings of a full investigation into the health trust which runs Queen’s Hospital in Romford is due today.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) launched its probe into the care provided by Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust (BHRUT) at the end of June.
It was to look at the care patients receive from the trust across emergency care, elective care and maternity services.
The investigation followed demands for improvement by the regulator in response to serious concerns about patient care.
BHRUT also runs King George in Barley Lane, Goodmayes.
When the full probe was launched, CQC’s regional director for London Colin Hough, said: “We warned the trust that we would take action if we were not confident that all necessary steps were taken to ensure people receive safe care.
“This investigation will now determine what action is needed.”
- 1 Man in critical condition after 'deliberate' hit and run in Hornchurch
- 2 3 Romford arrests in modern slavery, cannabis and money laundering probe
- 3 Owner calls support for new Gidea Park pizzeria 'overwhelming'
- 4 Council to inspect 'dangerous' space outside Upminster homes
- 5 Councillor leaves HRA group on council over Labour agreement
- 6 ‘Lawless’: Further issues raised with state and maintenance of Romford car park
- 7 Hundreds oppose Harold Wood scheme to stop cars driving around schools at peak times
- 8 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 9 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 10 Permission granted for streetlights along footpath to hospital
Meanwhile, the Department of Health has indicated an announcement will be made late today, after the CQC’s report, on the future of A&E and labour services at King George.
Health secretary Andrew Lansley has been reviewing a report into plans to close both services since late July.
The Recorder website will be updated throughout the day with breaking news on the CQC report.