Breaking news: CQC investigation into Queen’s Hospital, Romford, due today
The findings of a full investigation into the health trust which runs Queen’s Hospital in Romford is due today.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) launched its probe into the care provided by Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust (BHRUT) at the end of June.
It was to look at the care patients receive from the trust across emergency care, elective care and maternity services.
The investigation followed demands for improvement by the regulator in response to serious concerns about patient care.
BHRUT also runs King George in Barley Lane, Goodmayes.
You may also want to watch:
When the full probe was launched, CQC’s regional director for London Colin Hough, said: “We warned the trust that we would take action if we were not confident that all necessary steps were taken to ensure people receive safe care.
“This investigation will now determine what action is needed.”
- 1 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 2 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 3 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 4 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 8 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
Meanwhile, the Department of Health has indicated an announcement will be made late today, after the CQC’s report, on the future of A&E and labour services at King George.
Health secretary Andrew Lansley has been reviewing a report into plans to close both services since late July.
The Recorder website will be updated throughout the day with breaking news on the CQC report.