Borough’s most inspirational men crowned
- Credit: Archant
A 10st slimmer and a dad-of-six have been named the most inspirational men in the borough.
Dealing with the death of a parent and weighing 30st, Rodger Smith, 39, of Harold Hill, decided to change his life and joined his local gym.
Danny Finch, his personal trainer at Central Park Leisure Centre in Dagnam Park Drive, Harold Hill, nominated him for the Our Men Can campaign run by leisure centre providers Everyone Active after he completed the London to Brighton bike ride.
The other winner is 47-year-old Peter Wells, of Rainham was put forward by his proud daughter Letitia.
Peter works seven days a week to support his six children and “never moans”.
You may also want to watch:
Our Men Can was launched during Men’s Health Week in June, by the company that runs Central Park Leisure Centre and Hornchurch Sports Centre.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 5 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 6 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 7 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 8 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 9 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic
- 10 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell