Borough’s most inspirational men crowned
- Credit: Archant
A 10st slimmer and a dad-of-six have been named the most inspirational men in the borough.
Dealing with the death of a parent and weighing 30st, Rodger Smith, 39, of Harold Hill, decided to change his life and joined his local gym.
Danny Finch, his personal trainer at Central Park Leisure Centre in Dagnam Park Drive, Harold Hill, nominated him for the Our Men Can campaign run by leisure centre providers Everyone Active after he completed the London to Brighton bike ride.
The other winner is 47-year-old Peter Wells, of Rainham was put forward by his proud daughter Letitia.
Peter works seven days a week to support his six children and “never moans”.
Our Men Can was launched during Men’s Health Week in June, by the company that runs Central Park Leisure Centre and Hornchurch Sports Centre.
- 1 Travel disruptions to look out for this week across east London
- 2 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 3 Heritage: How Gallows Corner got its sinister name
- 4 Hanukkah 2021: Five ways to celebrate in east London
- 5 Twelve Havering properties sold for more than £1m in October
- 6 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 7 How The Apprentice's Thomas Skinner pivoted his business to weather Covid
- 8 Restrictions tightened as Omicron detected in Brentwood
- 9 Free parking to 'boost Havering's high streets' for Christmas season
- 10 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital