Borough’s most inspirational men crowned
- Credit: Archant
A 10st slimmer and a dad-of-six have been named the most inspirational men in the borough.
Dealing with the death of a parent and weighing 30st, Rodger Smith, 39, of Harold Hill, decided to change his life and joined his local gym.
Danny Finch, his personal trainer at Central Park Leisure Centre in Dagnam Park Drive, Harold Hill, nominated him for the Our Men Can campaign run by leisure centre providers Everyone Active after he completed the London to Brighton bike ride.
The other winner is 47-year-old Peter Wells, of Rainham was put forward by his proud daughter Letitia.
Peter works seven days a week to support his six children and “never moans”.
You may also want to watch:
Our Men Can was launched during Men’s Health Week in June, by the company that runs Central Park Leisure Centre and Hornchurch Sports Centre.
- 1 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 4 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 5 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100
- 8 Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- 9 Polling places review underway ahead of 2022 ward increase
- 10 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford