Borough’s most inspirational men crowned
- Credit: Archant
A 10st slimmer and a dad-of-six have been named the most inspirational men in the borough.
Dealing with the death of a parent and weighing 30st, Rodger Smith, 39, of Harold Hill, decided to change his life and joined his local gym.
Danny Finch, his personal trainer at Central Park Leisure Centre in Dagnam Park Drive, Harold Hill, nominated him for the Our Men Can campaign run by leisure centre providers Everyone Active after he completed the London to Brighton bike ride.
The other winner is 47-year-old Peter Wells, of Rainham was put forward by his proud daughter Letitia.
Peter works seven days a week to support his six children and “never moans”.
You may also want to watch:
Our Men Can was launched during Men’s Health Week in June, by the company that runs Central Park Leisure Centre and Hornchurch Sports Centre.
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 3 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 4 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 5 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 6 Sadly, this isn't a funny column
- 7 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 8 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back