Billy Bragg visits RSPB Rainham Marshes
- Credit: Archant
Birdwatchers spotted more than they bargained for when musician Billy Bragg swooped in for a cuppa at RSPB Rainham Marshes.
Howard Vaughan, a keen twitcher and tour guide, caught a glimpse of the singer-songwriter in the cafe at the nature reserve.
The Barking-born Bragg then happily posed for a photo with 104-year-old reserve visitor Grace Salter.
Mr Vaughan said: “He popped in for a cup of tea and a piece of cake and said he’d come back for a walk around at some point.
“He was a very amenable chap, sitting there with his guys talking about music.”
You may also want to watch:
He said that the centenarian was unaware of Bragg’s work but will add the photo to her collection of photos of her with “interesting” people.
- 1 Concern as drop kerb charges surge by 40%
- 2 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 3 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 4 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 5 Romford has one of UK's best retail recoveries, footfall data suggests
- 6 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 7 Romford add to management team as Boro win 11-goal Waltham Abbey friendly
- 8 Brookside Theatre to reopen with Peter Rabbit musical and Hairspray
- 9 Mum's anger amid mice infestation: 'Housing association fobbed it off'
- 10 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?