Be a Good Neighbour and back the Recorder’s Christmas appeal
- Credit: Archant
Christmas is a time when friends and family join together, but is there a person in your street who cannot share in the joy this winter?
Do you live near to an elderly person who is alone or who might need help with some simple errands?
This year, the Recorder is simply asking you to be a Good Neighbour to those in need.
The winter months can be a difficult period for the elderly, especially those who are living alone.
NHS figures show people over the age of 65 are more likely to suffer from cold-related illnesses.
You may also want to watch:
So we are asking you to check on your elderly neighbours to make sure they are warm enough and have everything they need.
It might be an errand they need running, it might be somebody to have a cup of tea with, or they may simply want a good old chat.
- 1 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Application for ramp to help man with cerebral palsy is rejected
- 6 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 8 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 9 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 10 Havering South is one of the best vaccination teams in the country
Whatever it is you can help with, be a Good Neighbour and give them a knock.
Doing so could brighten up your winter, as well as theirs.
The Recorder will be running the appeal over the next month in the lead-up to Christmas, and we are looking for readers to send in their stories of goodwill – which we will then feature on our pages.
Send your heart-warming stories, along with photographs and contact details, to firstname.lastname@example.org.