Be a Good Neighbour and back the Recorder’s Christmas appeal
- Credit: Archant
Christmas is a time when friends and family join together, but is there a person in your street who cannot share in the joy this winter?
Do you live near to an elderly person who is alone or who might need help with some simple errands?
This year, the Recorder is simply asking you to be a Good Neighbour to those in need.
The winter months can be a difficult period for the elderly, especially those who are living alone.
NHS figures show people over the age of 65 are more likely to suffer from cold-related illnesses.
So we are asking you to check on your elderly neighbours to make sure they are warm enough and have everything they need.
It might be an errand they need running, it might be somebody to have a cup of tea with, or they may simply want a good old chat.
- 1 Man suffers 'life-threatening' injuries after vehicle hits gas main on A127
- 2 Man in critical condition after 'deliberate' hit and run in Hornchurch
- 3 Plans submitted for 'new housing development' in Hornchurch
- 4 Council to inspect 'dangerous' space outside Upminster homes
- 5 Owner calls support for new Gidea Park pizzeria 'overwhelming'
- 6 3 Romford arrests in modern slavery, cannabis and money laundering probe
- 7 Councillor leaves HRA group on council over Labour agreement
- 8 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 9 ‘Lawless’: Further issues raised with state and maintenance of Romford car park
- 10 Permission granted for streetlights along footpath to hospital
Whatever it is you can help with, be a Good Neighbour and give them a knock.
Doing so could brighten up your winter, as well as theirs.
The Recorder will be running the appeal over the next month in the lead-up to Christmas, and we are looking for readers to send in their stories of goodwill – which we will then feature on our pages.
Send your heart-warming stories, along with photographs and contact details, to firstname.lastname@example.org.