Be a Good Neighbour and back the Recorder’s Christmas appeal
- Credit: Archant
Christmas is a time when friends and family join together, but is there a person in your street who cannot share in the joy this winter?
Do you live near to an elderly person who is alone or who might need help with some simple errands?
This year, the Recorder is simply asking you to be a Good Neighbour to those in need.
The winter months can be a difficult period for the elderly, especially those who are living alone.
NHS figures show people over the age of 65 are more likely to suffer from cold-related illnesses.
You may also want to watch:
So we are asking you to check on your elderly neighbours to make sure they are warm enough and have everything they need.
It might be an errand they need running, it might be somebody to have a cup of tea with, or they may simply want a good old chat.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 7 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 8 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 9 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
- 10 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
Whatever it is you can help with, be a Good Neighbour and give them a knock.
Doing so could brighten up your winter, as well as theirs.
The Recorder will be running the appeal over the next month in the lead-up to Christmas, and we are looking for readers to send in their stories of goodwill – which we will then feature on our pages.
Send your heart-warming stories, along with photographs and contact details, to firstname.lastname@example.org.