How many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals today?
- Credit: PA Images
With the Omicron variant spreading rapidly, here's how many Covid-19 patients there are in east London hospitals currently.
Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust (BHRUT) data reveals there are 182 laboratory-confirmed cases across King George Hospital in Goodmayes and Queen’s in Romford as of today (December 30).
This has risen from the 147 cases recorded on December 22, which itself represented a 62pc rise when compared to the previous week.
Of the current cases, 33 were diagnosed in the previous 24 hours, while there are 22 in critical care at the two BHRUT hospitals.
Barts Health hospitals - including The Royal London in Whitechapel, Mile End Hospital and Newham Hospital in Plaistow - have a total of 293 confirmed Covid patients as of this morning.
The trust also runs Whipps Cross Hospital in Leytonstone and St Bartholomew's in the City of London.
The latest figure compares with 184 cases on December 22 - a 59pc rise since last week.
Trust data shows 46 of the current cases across the five hospitals were diagnosed in the previous 24 hours, while there are 31 Covid patients in critical care beds or receiving enhanced levels of oxygen elsewhere.
- 1 Fire crews free trapped driver after Hornchurch car crash
- 2 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged or rejected in Havering
- 4 Woman 'slapped across face' in Brentwood restaurant
- 5 Company dismisses 'unscrupulous individuals' reportedly caught flytipping in Rainham
- 6 Romford accountant pleads guilty to 'calculated' £160k tax fraud
- 7 Confirmed: Rush Green Post Office set to move
- 8 Man dumps knife amid Hornchurch police chase
- 9 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 10 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over