Headache for Hornchurch boss
McFarlane must make changes for cup tie
Hornchurch boss Jimmy McFarlane has a headache for tonight’s Essex Senior Cup quarter-final tie at Heybridge.
His Ryman Premier Division outfit travels to Scraley Road to take on Division One Swifts with an understrength squad, due to some untimely injuries.
Urchins were held to a goalless draw by Carshalton at the weekend and McFarlane must juggle his line-up as they bid for a semi-final spot.
He said: “Sam Holloway is cup-tied and Jonathan Hunt, Dave Collis and Michael Spencer all picked up knocks on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“They’re all key players for us so we’re very light on the ground at the moment, but it’s no good moaning about it. We’ve just got to get on with it.”
Rikki Burbridge returned to the club last Friday and was an unused substitute against Carshalton, but could feature at some point tonight.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 3 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 4 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 5 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 6 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 7 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 8 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 9 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 10 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
McFarlane added: “We spoke to Rikki in the summer but he has been working away.
“We took him along to Carshalton as we were a bit short of numbers and he will be good for us. But he’s got to get his match fitness up.”