Headache for Hornchurch boss
McFarlane must make changes for cup tie
Hornchurch boss Jimmy McFarlane has a headache for tonight’s Essex Senior Cup quarter-final tie at Heybridge.
His Ryman Premier Division outfit travels to Scraley Road to take on Division One Swifts with an understrength squad, due to some untimely injuries.
Urchins were held to a goalless draw by Carshalton at the weekend and McFarlane must juggle his line-up as they bid for a semi-final spot.
He said: “Sam Holloway is cup-tied and Jonathan Hunt, Dave Collis and Michael Spencer all picked up knocks on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“They’re all key players for us so we’re very light on the ground at the moment, but it’s no good moaning about it. We’ve just got to get on with it.”
Rikki Burbridge returned to the club last Friday and was an unused substitute against Carshalton, but could feature at some point tonight.
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 6 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 7 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 8 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 9 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 10 ‘It was odd’: Nurse who battled breast cancer retires after 30 years
McFarlane added: “We spoke to Rikki in the summer but he has been working away.
“We took him along to Carshalton as we were a bit short of numbers and he will be good for us. But he’s got to get his match fitness up.”