Havering Volunteer Police Cadet, Chloe Armstrong is face of new advertising campaign
- Credit: Archant
A Havering Volunteer Police Cadet is set to become the face of a London wide campaign to encourage more adult volunteers to help run the youth programme.
Chloe Armstrong, 16 from Lynton Avenue, Collier Row is the poster girl of the Metropolitan Police’s advert for Volunteer Cadet Leaders.
Chloe said: “It is going to be a bit weird seeing my face every where, but it is lots of fun.
“I want to be a police officer one day because I like helping people so I think this will help me to achieve my dream.”
Every cadet unit in London was asked to put forward a name of its most promising cadet.
You may also want to watch:
Chloe was chosen by PC Matt Ingram, the co ordinator of Havering Volunteer Police Cadets because of her commitment.
She was one of four cadets from across London selected to be the face of the Met’s advertising campaign.
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 7 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 8 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 9 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations
PC Ingram said: “She was the ideal person to put forward for it.
“She is always really committed and is very professional at all times.”
Samantha Tibbit, Chloe’s mum added: “We spent a day doing the photoshoot in London and she is really interested in photography so she enjoyed the whole process.
“We spent time with the advertising team and we got to see the photographs afterwards.”
Chloe signed up to become a member of the Havering Volunteer Police Cadets after PC Matt Ingram, the co ordinator of the group visited her school.
Since signing up, Chloe has volunteered at a number of events including the Royal Wedding.
Last year she was given a bronze Duke of Edinburgh award and was also presented with an award by Havering Mayor Cllr Lynden Thorpe for the most improved cadet.
Samantha said: “I am really proud of her.
“She loves being a member of the Havering Volunteer Cadets, she really wants to become a police officer and she hopes that this will help her achieve her goal one day.