Havering students in Hairy TV experience!
FOOD technology students from Havering Sixth Form College watched expert chefs in action when they were guests of TV’s The Hairy Bikers – and ended up leaving with two prizes.
The group from the college in Wingletye Lane, Hornchurch, went along to Television Studios in Shepherds Bush for the filming of The Hairy Bikers’ Cook-Off TV programme, which involves biker chefs Si King and Dave Myers searching for Britain’s best cooking family.
The BBC2 show, which airs every weekday at 5.15pm, includes cooking challenges for the competing families, foody tips and a celebrity guest.
Students, seated around the bikers’ cafe, competed in a general knowledge quiz during filming breaks.
Lauren Malone, Harry Griggs, Anna Skipworth, Sarah Kempton and Rebecca Williams received a signed apron for winning the quiz and two upper sixth students – Alan Couchman and Grant Chandler - were presented with bandanas each for being runners-up.
You may also want to watch:
They can be seen on the programme on BBC2 this afternoon (Wednesday Drcmeber 8) at 5.15pm.
Fashion designer Ben de Lisi is the celebrity guest.
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 3 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 4 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 5 Havering road and rail delays to look out for next week
- 6 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 7 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 8 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 9 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 10 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
The students also did some food tasting and even got a peek into the Strictly Come Dancing BBC studio.
Food Tech tutor Liz Beaumont said: “The students thoroughly enjoyed the trip and it was very amusing to watch the Hairy Bikers in action. They were also pleased to come away with two prizes!”