Havering students in Hairy TV experience!
FOOD technology students from Havering Sixth Form College watched expert chefs in action when they were guests of TV’s The Hairy Bikers – and ended up leaving with two prizes.
The group from the college in Wingletye Lane, Hornchurch, went along to Television Studios in Shepherds Bush for the filming of The Hairy Bikers’ Cook-Off TV programme, which involves biker chefs Si King and Dave Myers searching for Britain’s best cooking family.
The BBC2 show, which airs every weekday at 5.15pm, includes cooking challenges for the competing families, foody tips and a celebrity guest.
Students, seated around the bikers’ cafe, competed in a general knowledge quiz during filming breaks.
Lauren Malone, Harry Griggs, Anna Skipworth, Sarah Kempton and Rebecca Williams received a signed apron for winning the quiz and two upper sixth students – Alan Couchman and Grant Chandler - were presented with bandanas each for being runners-up.
You may also want to watch:
They can be seen on the programme on BBC2 this afternoon (Wednesday Drcmeber 8) at 5.15pm.
Fashion designer Ben de Lisi is the celebrity guest.
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 5 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 6 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 7 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 8 Brentwood Tudor church damaged in illegal New Year's Eve party raises nearly £20,000 for repairs
- 9 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
- 10 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster
The students also did some food tasting and even got a peek into the Strictly Come Dancing BBC studio.
Food Tech tutor Liz Beaumont said: “The students thoroughly enjoyed the trip and it was very amusing to watch the Hairy Bikers in action. They were also pleased to come away with two prizes!”