Havering students in Hairy TV experience!
FOOD technology students from Havering Sixth Form College watched expert chefs in action when they were guests of TV’s The Hairy Bikers – and ended up leaving with two prizes.
The group from the college in Wingletye Lane, Hornchurch, went along to Television Studios in Shepherds Bush for the filming of The Hairy Bikers’ Cook-Off TV programme, which involves biker chefs Si King and Dave Myers searching for Britain’s best cooking family.
The BBC2 show, which airs every weekday at 5.15pm, includes cooking challenges for the competing families, foody tips and a celebrity guest.
Students, seated around the bikers’ cafe, competed in a general knowledge quiz during filming breaks.
Lauren Malone, Harry Griggs, Anna Skipworth, Sarah Kempton and Rebecca Williams received a signed apron for winning the quiz and two upper sixth students – Alan Couchman and Grant Chandler - were presented with bandanas each for being runners-up.
You may also want to watch:
They can be seen on the programme on BBC2 this afternoon (Wednesday Drcmeber 8) at 5.15pm.
Fashion designer Ben de Lisi is the celebrity guest.
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 7 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 8 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 9 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
The students also did some food tasting and even got a peek into the Strictly Come Dancing BBC studio.
Food Tech tutor Liz Beaumont said: “The students thoroughly enjoyed the trip and it was very amusing to watch the Hairy Bikers in action. They were also pleased to come away with two prizes!”