Havering students get noticed by advertising guru
Two Havering College students have landed the work experience placement of their dreams in a top advertising agency after impressing a visitor at their college.
Kirsty Miller 18 and Jessicah North, 18 from Havering College Of Further And Higher Education are excited at the prospect of working at Beattie McGuinness Bungay alongside advertising guru Trevor Beattie.
Kirsty said:“His lecture was really informative. I am very interested in writing and very interested in working in advertising. It was fantastic for Trevor to offer this opportunity.”
Kirsty, 18 from Chelmsford and Jessicah, 18 from Leytonstone were offered the placements after Trevor Beattie ran a master class session on advertising at the college.
The advertising veteran who has worked on many high profile campaigns including the “fcuk” campaign for French Connection and election campaigns for the Labour Party was impressed by the insightful questions that they asked during a question and answer session.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Beattie said: “I throw young people on placements in at the deep end. They get to work on everything.
“Seeing all the different craft disciplines in an agency is really valuable.”
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 10 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards
Jessicah said: ““Being given the chance to work with someone as successful as Trevor Beattie is very exciting.”