Havering students get noticed by advertising guru
Two Havering College students have landed the work experience placement of their dreams in a top advertising agency after impressing a visitor at their college.
Kirsty Miller 18 and Jessicah North, 18 from Havering College Of Further And Higher Education are excited at the prospect of working at Beattie McGuinness Bungay alongside advertising guru Trevor Beattie.
Kirsty said:“His lecture was really informative. I am very interested in writing and very interested in working in advertising. It was fantastic for Trevor to offer this opportunity.”
Kirsty, 18 from Chelmsford and Jessicah, 18 from Leytonstone were offered the placements after Trevor Beattie ran a master class session on advertising at the college.
The advertising veteran who has worked on many high profile campaigns including the “fcuk” campaign for French Connection and election campaigns for the Labour Party was impressed by the insightful questions that they asked during a question and answer session.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Beattie said: “I throw young people on placements in at the deep end. They get to work on everything.
“Seeing all the different craft disciplines in an agency is really valuable.”
- 1 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 2 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
Jessicah said: ““Being given the chance to work with someone as successful as Trevor Beattie is very exciting.”