Havering Show ‘looks set to become one of the best yet’
�The Havering Show is shaping up to be one of the best ever say organisers with exciting acts and activities for the family.
Over two days on Sunday, August 28 and Monday, August 29 in Harrow Lodge Park, Hornchurch, the show will feature some brilliant music.
Alvin Stardust, Josh du Bovie, Doctor and the Medics play on the Sunday.
Danyl Johnson and 1970s soul group The Real Thing feature as part of the Monday line-up with a host of acts performing on the main stage.
Crowds can marvel at death-defying jousting and sword fighting from Legends Medieval and a demonstration from the Royal Artillery Parachute Display Team.
You may also want to watch:
Performances from the Hornchurch Drum and Trumpet Corps, Colin Gordon’s Sheep Dogs and Colchester birds of prey and Tigers Motorcycle Display Team, are also set to wow the crowds.
Visitors can also try their hand at a new skill such as pizza-making, Indian cookery and carpentry at the Have-a-Go Havering stalls inside the Havering Council marquee.
- 1 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 2 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 3 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 4 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
- 5 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 6 'Gentle giant' driven propped up on van's floor with serious head injury, inquest hears
- 7 'Cover up or terrible mistake?': Family told hostel death inquest will not take place
- 8 Gidea Park school to celebrate 100th birthday
- 9 Hornchurch pub licensing meeting postponed due to 'possibly prejudicial' email
- 10 Hornchurch man ‘lucky’ for rare disorder diagnosis, thanks to junior doctor
There will also be information on training courses for adults in the marquee.
One of the most popular stalls at the show is Planet Havering, which will have plenty to offer with children’s environmental workshops, energy saving advice and a great line-up on the solar stage.
Havering Council leader Cllr Michael White said: “It is fantastic that we can once again put on a free Havering Show this year over the August bank holiday weekend.
“The year’s show looks set to become one of the best yet with entertainment for all ages. As well as Alvin Stardust, the Real Thing and other musical acts, there will be the action-packed demonstrations from Legends Medieval and falconry displays in the main arena.
“I also encourage people to visit the Have-a-Go-Havering stalls in the council marquee.”