Havering Show ‘looks set to become one of the best yet’
�The Havering Show is shaping up to be one of the best ever say organisers with exciting acts and activities for the family.
Over two days on Sunday, August 28 and Monday, August 29 in Harrow Lodge Park, Hornchurch, the show will feature some brilliant music.
Alvin Stardust, Josh du Bovie, Doctor and the Medics play on the Sunday.
Danyl Johnson and 1970s soul group The Real Thing feature as part of the Monday line-up with a host of acts performing on the main stage.
Crowds can marvel at death-defying jousting and sword fighting from Legends Medieval and a demonstration from the Royal Artillery Parachute Display Team.
You may also want to watch:
Performances from the Hornchurch Drum and Trumpet Corps, Colin Gordon’s Sheep Dogs and Colchester birds of prey and Tigers Motorcycle Display Team, are also set to wow the crowds.
Visitors can also try their hand at a new skill such as pizza-making, Indian cookery and carpentry at the Have-a-Go Havering stalls inside the Havering Council marquee.
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 3 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 6 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 7 Memorial bench at hospital honours 'well-loved' medic
- 8 Petition launched by family of Harvey Tyrrell soars to 40,000 signatures
- 9 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 10 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
There will also be information on training courses for adults in the marquee.
One of the most popular stalls at the show is Planet Havering, which will have plenty to offer with children’s environmental workshops, energy saving advice and a great line-up on the solar stage.
Havering Council leader Cllr Michael White said: “It is fantastic that we can once again put on a free Havering Show this year over the August bank holiday weekend.
“The year’s show looks set to become one of the best yet with entertainment for all ages. As well as Alvin Stardust, the Real Thing and other musical acts, there will be the action-packed demonstrations from Legends Medieval and falconry displays in the main arena.
“I also encourage people to visit the Have-a-Go-Havering stalls in the council marquee.”